1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Historical Foods - a recipe site

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by tacmotusn, Jun 4, 2011.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

I think most everyone who links to this site will be pleasantly surprised with the wealth of info and recipes that make this man hungry.
    Historical Foods - Recipes, Cooking & History
    I have linked this site to my favorites list on my computer.

VHestin and dragonfly like this.
  2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

That was an interesting site; thanks for sharing it.

3. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey++

thats for shareing the website

4. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

I've wanted to open an Irish pub for a long time- a place with decent food- and I know that food from the Isles doesn't really have a good reputation, but that's fairly recent. Older recipes look pretty good, but they come in quantities generally made for 6-8 people at a time. This is because when they slaughtered a sheep or a goat (much less a cow!) they invited all the neighbours over and made a feast of it due to no refrigeration. If every family did that once in a year, most everybody get fed pretty well. They would obviously preserve a lot of it in sausage, jerking, etc. But that left a lot of meat that needed to be used up right away. I would expect similar situations in a truly bad economy where electricity becomes unreliable.

5. beast

beast backwoodsman

now im hungry, thanks :)

6. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Thanks for sharing that site. It gave me ideas and I shared it with a few female friends that appreciated it as well. [stirpot]

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have been craving sheep's tongue souse lately with johnny-cake. I guess it's time to head back to the Bahamas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7