Hold my Beer and watch this..........

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Jun 12, 2017.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hold my Beer and watch this..........

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Must be in Maine. We see that every day... or worse.

Motomom34, Seepalaces and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Me thinks that if that door would have been another foot to the left there would be a very good possibility he would be dead or seriously injured. Hell, I didn't even know what Tannerite was and had to look it up! The guy was very lucky...

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Definitely, an ID10T error.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I find this a much more compelling reason for the regulation of high explosives than the risks of terrorism. Tannerite is a lot of fun to shoot but these idiots need to understand that it is a bianary high-explosive. On second thought, it does do it's part to help clense the gene pool...

6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

We do need to protect the sheep from themselves. MUST regulate, license and ration that stuff.:whistle:

Seepalaces likes this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I was under the impression Tannerite was a binary explosive and did not produce fire. If so, that was not tannerite he was shooting at. Am I wrong?

Seepalaces likes this.
  8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I don't think you are wrong, but the heat from the explosion could very well start a burn. Fiberglas insulation will burn, for example, in much the same way as baby powder burns.

Seepalaces likes this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Tannerite is a binary explosive and does produce flame. The binary is a mixture of dark aluminum and ammonium nitrate. I first said potassium nitrate or percholate but that's another thing called flash-powder, it will blow your fingers off.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  10. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Dr. Atomic is better stuff. If the idiot used it, the gene pool would have that much less to deal with. No, I do NOT blame the Tannerite for the fool's actions, I blame the FOOL for the fool's actions. If the idiot beat on a stick of TNT and a blasting cap with a hammer, would we blame the hammer for what happened? Well, OK, the anti-hammer crowd would.

11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Awesome. Am I the only one that laughed at this ? I will not apologize for laughing at someone's stupidity. But that door flew just like they do in the cartoons . :ROFLMAO:

12. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Darwin Candidate... God only missed by inches this time. :D

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ya'll stop laughing at me!!!

Who has my beer?

14. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I drank your damm beer, and spit all over the keyboard when I saw you duck...

Rancher

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Need to regulate, licence and control stupidity.

16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It was probably Coors...I would spit it out as well. ;)

17. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Geez guys...tannerite is legal and I hope it stays that way. We already have enough regulations. When I was a teenager we used to by 40,60, and 80% dynamite as long as we said it was for use on the farm. We also carried our hunting rifles in the truck at school. We didn't have terrorists. Think about it.
    Here is another one similar by FPSRussia on youtube:

18. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Regulation is a slippery slope that leads to slavery. We are already on that road so I guess lets keep going. Perhaps sometime in the near future we can regulate ourselves right out of existence.

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yep, We are down to 5#s mixed here due to some idiots blowing up someones front porch!

Dunerunner and Seepalaces like this.
  20. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Looks like some tannerite strategically placed around the property would be a great deterrent to an invading force if you shot it when they passed by it. Not that any of us would do it. Not that I even could since the boat sank with my guns on it...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7