Holocaust jokes by Ricky Gervais

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by fl4848, Jul 31, 2022.

1. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

Ricky Gervais tells two holocaust jokes during Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

I think about the 2nd joke a lot.

2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I don't know if it's the revolutionary in me, or what.....but I find him EXTREMELY annoying! :rolleyes:

fl4848 likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The 2nd joke is a critique on divine hiddenness, and the argument from the existence of evil, which points out a contradiction of an 'omni god' which is supposedly omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent and omnibenificent.

Soviet gulags and Nazi concentration camps...I had relatives who died in both...where was god? Oh yes, checking out the doings of onanists, fornicators, and adulterers...he apparently likes to watch. :rolleyes:

The jokes told by Gervaise represent the kind of black humour that helped keep some zeks and musulmanner sane in the insane worlds that they were trapped in...they are a kind of coping mechanism in dealing with the bleakest of adversity.

https://digitalcommons.denison.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1066&context=religion

The jokes always saved us: humour in the time of Stalin

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

The Third Joke was also funny , your on the other side !!
    I have done that seeing the steering wheel not in front of me !!
    Sloth

5. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

I grapple with what the role of God is. I guess the role of God is not to help humanity out of great suffering. The role of God may be to hold your hand while you suffer?

As we watch our once great nation collapse under the auspices of Globalism, I see Satan at work constantly. However, I don't see God fighting back. At least not very effectively.

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

perhaps that is a part of the plan??? (wanna know the plan... requires reading the BOOK)

you me we... are free to choose our path... is God doing anything??? some think the orange man was sent by God???

can't say myself... and can't say I like the man... never meant him... BUT I LIKED WHAT HE DID AND WAS DOING...

a point to consider... the NWO or LWO can NOT succeed so long as America remains free...

7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Who is to say that one persons suffering is more than anothers? If the Bible says that God is not going to intervene and people are free to torture each other until the apocalypse, why would one, a hundred, or even a million make a difference?

To me, the real question is why do those people who find their car keys think that it is God doing it because they asked?

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

It does NOT say God will NOT intervene... gets tiresome when people say things that are incorrect because they've never read it...

they make assumptions using information they heard somewhere and that info is often twisted or a flat lie...

9. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Yeah it does.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7