Ammo Holy ammo drought, batman!

Discussion in 'Firearms and Related' started by UGRev, May 1, 2012.

1. Seekin178

Seekin178 Monkey

New to firearms - shocked at ammo shortage

As a long time homesteader wannabe I don't consider my self new to prepping but I am new to firearms. I recently managed to break the ice as my boys have showed an interest in hunting and my better half final gave in to the purchase of our first rifles. I went to Ca____a's because I knew that they would at least have a selection. While I didn't get any bargains there (I didn't expect to) they did have quite a bit of ammo. Elsewhere in my area there is no 9MM to be had and little .45 available. I have been checking at the W_____t and they have had zero 9 & .45 for over two weeks. They have had only four boxes of .40.

2. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

I would not recommend buying ammo at Wally World. Here's why:

I've shot a lot of Remington .22lr 36gr Golden Bullet in recent years, which is pretty generic stuff and can be bought just about anywhere. If you buy it at WM, you can see gold colored specks on your hands after loading a few dozen rds. If you buy it at BassPro, Cabela's, or a local gun shop, you won't have that problem, even after a few hundred rounds.

It's been said that if you are a manufacturer/supplier and you want to sell your product to WM, you have to sell it to them for less than you sell to their competitors. Is this true? That, I can't say. Would product quality suffer if this were true? I'll let you decide on that one. All I can say is, I notice a difference in ammo purchased at WM, compared to the same ammo bought anywhere else...

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There are places, that sell Ammunition, for Good Low Prices, on the internet, and deliver via UPS Ground, to just about everywhere in the country. You can ask around the Firearms forum, and get good advice, from Monkeys who have lots of experience in both, purchasing, and shooting, such ammunition. That is what the MOnkey is all about... Getting Good Information, to the folks who are interested, in a that information, in a timely basis. I encourage folks to learn to use firearms, and learn the stalking, and hunting skillsets, that can feed a family. Again it is all part of the Survival/Prep'er Mindset. Welcome to the Monkey Tree.... Lots of good information around here, so pick out a branch, and have a look around.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7