Home backup power transfer switch question

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by CaseIGL, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Actually in a long term power outage we will cook with wood, and dry cloths over the wood stove or yes clothes line. I wont waste propane on heat or for cooking. It is used only for my long term water, power tools etc. We will eventually finish our setup and be running all our 120 needs with solar. Our panel set up is ready for any type of power we decide to use. That is the beauty of it. I can leave my 220 on the grid and power non essential circuits with a very small battery bank and wind turbine. Essential circuits with Solar or wood gas etc. The big problem here is you either use Propane or electric. No natural gas lines here. Propane cooking and heat is out of my price range so we heat with wood. I use propane only for my big Generator which sits until needed. No fuel spoilage. We are using gasoline now for short term outages but the plan is to transition into running our 120 off grid. Make sense?

1. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. martha_mill
  4. DKR
  5. techsar
  6. SurvivalJester
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Benjamin A. Wood
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid