Homeless Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Mar 1, 2019.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

My 2 cents. As many know I was a cop. Started in San Francisco in 1983 working for the state and we owned and patroled a bus terminal downtown. There were a bunch of homeless in Sf then. Most suffered from self induced mental issues caused by drugs or alcohol. A few just got shit on by life in the mental abilities area, they were nuts thru no fault of their own. At that tie we had a list of services in our office. I added it up one day and a person using all of the programs could be indoors for over 270 days. Getting training counseling and whatever to get them on their feet. That was without welfare. When offered some would refuse because they would not obey the rules that came with the help.

I dealt with some young men that we offered to help get to the recruiter, at the time you could go in that day, 3 hots and a cot plus training, none ever took that option, would not be subjected to that. When I retired last year the homeless had caught up to me in the little town where I worked. They all refused to comply with any requirements for more than a night. They have learned to leach and demand and they get what they want and have a life free of any responsibility.

I believe those who want out can get out. Most simple want to use victim status to get something for nothing. It is time to let them starve.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It is a harsh position to take, but when you offer a hand and they spit on it, well, it is downright hard to maintain sympathy.

UncleMorgan, Zimmy, oldman11 and 6 others like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Saw one the other day with a dog and a sign working the intersection.
    I'm thinking excellant begging point
    The young man is going places!

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Your food for CATS here !! we see lost dogs,cats critter signs and bones that the eagles are picking,,

many have tried up here , till a few were eaten or charged at.. Bears are next here. Travel with a dog here .
    Sloth

oldman11, techsar, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

9EF0DE91-EE7B-4F14-B699-312A9947DAAE. Our beloved leaders should walk a mile in my boots. Here’s a pic of them. :whistle:

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

In Ann Arbor Michigan we know when spring is coming: The Panhandlers return to their corners to aggressively demand money.
    Ah spring must be just around the corner.

7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Meat you are not supposed to show your BDSM boots .... TMI !
    [LMAO]
    [LMAO]

8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I have zero sympathy for these scumbags anymore. Filthy animals.

9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I think I know what that means. I don’t like it. :D

UncleMorgan, SB21, Gray Wolf and 2 others like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

UncleMorgan, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'll bet it probably takes ya a half hour to lace them things up , and about that long to get them off . Clock in every morning before putting them on , and punch out after taking them off , you could get 5 hours pay every week just putting on your boots. :ROFLMAO:

UncleMorgan, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

13. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

The amount of energy that some of the homeless in town have is amazing. One "vet who's down on his luck" covered miles on foot every day, scouring parking lots for occupied cars to use his line on. He lived in the woods behind a retention pond. Was a beautiful piece of real estate before he trashed it. He was quite skilled at getting rides on ambulances and charging his phone and laptop wherever he could find a plug. Sheriff finally ran him off.

My heart was hardened by an exit ramp pan handler off I-40 in Virginia. His shift must've been over, and after thanking the kindly old folks in traffic who had just handed him a $5 bill, he walked back toward his plastic bucket (that was surrounded with empty water and soda bottles) and pulled a roll of bills out of his overalls that was FIVE INCHES in diameter. He deftly slipped off the rubber band, added the five spot and wrapped it back up again. If it was all one dollar bills under that five there was a couple hundred dollars there. Not bad for a tax free income. He walked right past me and down the shoulder toward the highway. (probably to wait for his ride home.)

UncleMorgan, techsar, Meat and 6 others like this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Having run into several and having been homeless my self , typically I carry an extra can of beans in the car or on my bike to had to these people never money .

UncleMorgan, Zimmy, techsar and 3 others like this.
  15. Wish I could remember the author or even the name of the short story, the last line is "I'm blind too"

UncleMorgan, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Seeing the same thing here. Just off the I 10 exit ramp going to the CBD. The city finally ran a bunch out of one area than put up a fence around it! All they did was move farther down. They need to go!

17. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

UncleMorgan, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I remember a local Sheriff who would round up routinely all the hobos and bums and give them a free ride to the parish line.
    You know he was only trying to give them positive direction in life.

UncleMorgan, Zimmy, oldman11 and 5 others like this.
  19. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Much as I hate to say this ,but if you feed them they have no incentive to change their way.
    I believe in being merciful to a point, but when a man/woman openly does not want to work and take responsibility for them self it is a disservice, both to them self and society, to encourage this behavior.
    I would however encourage the city or county or state to reinstate the civilian conservation corps to provide food, work, and housing .but be exempt from certain benefits . .

20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

UncleMorgan, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7