Homemade Christmas/Holiday gifts/crafts

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Motomom34, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

October was Crafts and Hobbies that would be useful post-SHTF. Well Christmas is around the corner and it is time of giving. Below is an article that has links to crafts, how to's and things that can be given as gifts but also enhance you skills in making your own.......

100+ Homemade Christmas Gifts - Montana Homesteader

Tully Mars, stg58 and ditch witch like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Pax Mentis, chelloveck and Tully Mars like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Christmas paracord projects gift ideas

Great article that has links to how to
    http://www.paracord-projects.info/

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Fun gifts for Men- not all helpful for survival but there are some great ideas.

25 Gifts to Make for Men
    (once again- follow the links) Having issues copying the article- lots of pictures with links on how to's

25 Gifts to Make for Men - Crazy Little Projects

5. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I got the beeswax and the coconut oil and i am going to try and make lip balm to give out as gifts. We make gift baskets to give to friends and clients that are full of homemade christmass treats. I only spend money on gifts for my folks, the children i know, and of course the girlfriend.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I like the license plate clock. Great idea for my Dad. The kids and I are brain storming what to use instead of license plate numbers but will use an old hub cap.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Magnetic fridge magnets....;)

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cool:

9. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

if you can sew them wrench holders are handy as all hell espically for the trunk of a car...

And the tool bucket made of canvas... well if you have the skills to make that you are doing good!!!!

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

You could always use an old circular saw blade {carefully}

If you get into a bind, various styles of numbers are usually available at a hardware store.

11. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

I'm making wine racks made out of used pallets....

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Worthy project, need pix.

13. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Soap, soap and more soap. :)

Kajun

14. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

Ghrit.... working on them this next weekend ill post pics when I'm done.

ghrit likes this.
  15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Every Christmas, I make a seasoning mix to give to family, friends and clients. It has been a big hit, so I keep doing it. Been even asked to make it to sell, but then it would be work. And who wants to do that?

KAS likes this.
  16. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I make small turned wood items ( like pens, key chains, pill holders, nick-nacks, etc.).
    But this year I also made a head board out bed. Used pallet material for some of it. Turned out nice, the wife likes it so now I'm in the process of making the foot board.

2014-12-08 16.02.31.

Bigfoot1986, KAS, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

These are easy and simple idea. We all should have mason jars. I have attached two different ways below. One just puts the cotton through the top while the other one uses couplings to hold the wick.
    mason-jar-oil-candles-5.
    How to Make Mason Jar Oil Lamps | Self-Sufficiency

This is the one that uses the couplings which I think would help keep the wick stable.

MsDawn'sBlog | Make Mason Jar Oil Candles

18. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I actually have this over my work bench for screws, corner braces, brass hinges, etc :)

EDIT: OOPS! Just looked more closely, mine has the tops screwed into the bottom of a shelf and one removes the jar for access...
    [peep]

Motomom34 and BTPost like this.
  19. jlutzcurtis

jlutzcurtis Monkey

I really enjoyed this post. This homemade Christmas holiday gifts crafting ideas are very creative and I'm looking forward to give some of these ideas try.

20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

kyocera 5 21 17 001. kyocera 5 21 17 058. I get inspired at Christmas time to build all sorts of things. I started making simple string climbing bears, but the last three have been a Ninja, a tiger and a gingerbread man. Refrigerator magnets are useful, and my stainless cookie cutters are popular at work. The big copper and stainless steel fish is an outdoor hanging planter for tiny cactus. It was fun.

kyocera 5 21 17 521.

kyocera 5 21 17 438.

GrayGhost likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Bishop
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Benjamin A. Wood
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. hot diggity
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. hot diggity
  9. thewildyam