Homosexual/Gay Preppers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, I think we can thank the major media for society's misconception about Prepping. But, I also think that the majority of people are understanding now this prepping isn't such a whacked out idea - in fact - it makes sense, a lot of sense. And, we are seeing people from all corners of life putting away some of the basics of life for a rainy or, God forbid, a horrible day.

As far as Gays...I really don't think about it. Honestly, a person's sex life is of no interest to me. Whether they are honest and a decent sort is what matters... They treat me and mine decent then they are treated the same otherwise I've no time for them.

"Rush Limbaugh is talking about Obama encouraging lesbians to become farmers."
    What the...? You got to admit that even the Right sometimes spews nonsense to get the attention idiots. Geez, peas...

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It's all propaganda 101.
    Name calling or Cognitive Bias to incite fear or prejudice against others.
    I don't care about race, sex, creed, religion, nor sexual orientation. It doesn't really matter. If one is an asshole, the aforementioned "classifiers" don't matter because asshole is a universal trait.

If one let's the media/politicians divide us up based on FUD, they have lost the battle.

Someone mentioned the golden rule earlier, I'm going to go by that one.

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

And yet, many of us around here, male and female both, are well past breeding years and I have never heard it said (maybe they just don't say it in my hearing range, which is less than it once was) that we are unsuited for prepping.

That said, I get small amounts of hassle from some prepare/survivalist groups based on the fact that I am not Christian...so I am betting that gay preppers will get much more.

Interestingly, since I am on the subject, I mentioned in conversation with my bro in law this morning the prevalence of Christians and he (a Christian himself) brought up an interesting point. Since most Christians I know personally believe in the concept of the Rapture saving them prior to an apocalypse, why are so many preppers Christian?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Rapture is just a DEAD, as any other kind of DEAD.... You just happen to get Resurrected, right a way, so you just do not notice it, AS Much.... I figure I can wait, for a while, where Spirits Go, and then get on with Eternity.... Give myself;f time to decompress from the travails of this life.... I don't play the Harp, and I can't carry a Tune, in a bucket.... So I hope they have other things, for us Folks, to do besides, just Hang Out....

5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Toughest bastard I ever knew was Gay. Army Ranger, 3 times in the sandbox. Got his ass kicked regularly in school. No one messed with him after the Army. He came home after 22 years and looked like a beast. Big C took him away last year. Helluva guy.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, the MSM has pigeonholed preppers with a general label.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I knew when I posted what I did that It would be attacked in any way one could find an opening. Elders of the family or tribe or community most who as it was pointed out will be beyond their prime procreation age. May or may not still have more than just sentimental value to the group. Some, not so much. Some may be a total drain on their community group and unable to properly care for themselves or even recognize their own loved ones around them. Whether they be the great grandparents of surviving members of the group, or a couple of male married gay queens who were known by all, but who have no relatives near by and when much younger were the life of the party and often indispensable assets to the group, one having been a general practitioner Doctor, and the other one heck of a gardener. The point is if these people are no longer productive, there may come a time when there still being supported by the rest of the group is no longer possible without serious negative effects on the larger group. I am not going to walk the plank on this issue as a what if speculation. Each and everyone of you know such a situation could become a possible problem that will need to be resolved. It is not really much different than strangers presenting no aggression what so ever coming to the boundary of your AO and seeking food, water, and shelter when the group has had a major agricultural failure and is itself facing starvation in the upcoming winter. Sometimes you will be faced with a "them or us situation". Each of you will have to make your own decision at that time. Now to elaborate on procreation. It is really quite simple. The group needs to work hard and to try to improve it's lot in life. Ideally the group should grow, but not beyond its means. To not procreate beyond the death rate means you will become less effective and wither away eventually. An alternative possibly would be to disperse. Procreation of able adults should be encouraged!

marlas1too and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

For everyone open to reason, nearly all gays are the result of a conventional heterosexual relationships. Very few gays came from a turkey baster or "begging, borrowing, or stealing". And even if gays did commonly reproduce this way, there is no assurance the offspring will also be gay.

Gays refusing to procreate will not bring humanity down, nor will gays be "done" because of their non-participation. There will always be plenty of straight people willing to perform the necessary biological interaction, and from that will be a proportional population of gays.

If @tacmotusn 's ridiculous hypothesis were true, gays would have been extinct thousands of years ago, or more accurately, they could not exist in the first place.

To say procreating is the only or primary goal of one's existence in a survival situation is to say anyone who cannot participate in making a baby, for any reason, likewise "makes no sense whatsoever" for survival. Taking @tacmotusn 's analysis to its ultimate conclusion, heterosexuals who cannot reproduce due to medical reasons and the elderly (who have already raised kids and are no longer "useful") are in the same bucket as gays.

I find this entire line of thought disturbing.

9. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

I have a couple of coworkers who are saight up gay both are funny in a away when I was working with them .they both asked me to teach them how to shoot and do combat med trauma type first aid
    They both into prepping movement before I met them and now they are teaching others people in there circle the things I taught them
    I spent a lot of time on the road with them and it would get funny somethings about the people and places where we worked at the least

10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I suppose some of that depends on the situation, but the elderly typically look after children and teach, when not actively in the field working.

Seepalaces and Ganado like this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

We posted almost at the same time, so I won't harp on things you said that I already covered in the post just before yours. You did prompt a thought not clearly expressed. All members of the group need to be productive, until they physically or mentally can not. Lazy non productive members should be encouraged to correct that deficiency or consider moving on. Yes I agree 2 heterosexuals M/F can procreate and produce offspring of any accepted gender persuasion. So, gays and mixed gender individuals will always be with us. 2 same sex gays, no matter how much they want it mentally can not produce offspring. Carrying a child and child rearing is beneficial to the group. Draw your own conclusions on how I feel about all of that. Post SHTF there is going to be one hell of a lot of thought everyone finds disturbing. Better to think a bit about it now so as to maybe come up with some ideas before the situation jumps up and slaps you in the face, jus sayin n jmho

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Anything wrong in browsing through a gay website?? It doesn't follow that those who browse gay websites are gay or gay curious....any more than those who browse Christian swinger sites are swingers....or even Christians for that matter. Christian Swingers | Personals For Christian Swingers ....not making any insinuations there either. ;)

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Just because you personally haven't seen videos of Christians throwing homosexuals off roofs....it doesn't necessarily mean that Christians will be the good guys, and that Christians haven't, in the past been involved in gay hate crimes up to and including manslaughter and murder. The following represents a partial list of notable gay hate crimes in the USA...it would be surprising that not a few of them are motivated by the Judeo-Christian scripturally justified disgust of GLBTQI folk.

There is no reason why gay folk would not or should not be interested in prepping against disaster....they are like to be all the more vulnerable to attack by homophobic citizens (of whatever religious or non religious beliefs), when law and order breaks down, and the risks of the perps being caught and prosecuted for their crimes are lower than in peaceable times.

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Guys survive the initial die off? Well that means more females for me.
    There for I do not have a problem with them.

Seepalaces and 3M-TA3 like this.
  15. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I never understand why people get so fixated on repopulating. Seriously, I think our species has proven it's very good at replicating itself, particularly when the IQ level is below 3 digits. I don't think we're in any real danger of going extinct and if so, so what? Not like we'll be here to complain that there's no one left but the chickens.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Men do not get past breeding age. I think they can father children almost till death, it is women that cannot bear children after a certain age. @Pax Mentis you could probably start on a new litter anytime. :D

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sure they do... Many of us OLD Farts "can't get it up, Anymore" and that makes it REAL Hard to Breed...

Seepalaces, Ganado and ditch witch like this.
  18. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

A gay guy or woman asking you out is no different than a straight guy or woman asking you out it all depends on the answer you give them treat people how you would want to be treated and hopefully they will do the same to you if not strike first hard and fast.

Seepalaces, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  19. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I could never bear children at any age, which is why I don't have any.
    Oh, you meant give birth to them. My bad. :D

STANGF150, Seepalaces, AD1 and 11 others like this.
  20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

If being gay was inherited they would not have made it out of the caves much less the closets. That leaves choice or a constant ongoing mutation. I have a gay friend (1) and I would trust him with my grandchildren. It's never been discussed and never been an issue. I do not agree with his life style choice but he would be welcome at my BOL. He's a great cook so it would be interesting to see what he could do with food storage.

Seepalaces, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  1. oldman11
  2. Motomom34
  3. TnAndy
  4. Witch Doctor 01
  5. T. Riley
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Motomom34
  8. duane
  9. Motomom34
  10. duane
  11. DKR
  12. Motomom34