Homosexual/Gay Preppers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Aug 24, 2016.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Retirement kills.

VisuTrac likes this.
  2. sm372

sm372 Monkey

Is there any interest in renewing this conversation? and keep it about prepping things?

3. john316

john316 Monkey+++

THE MONKEY TREE HAS MANY,MANY...............AND MORE THREADS ON "prepping things".....

USE THE SEARCH.......ON ANYTHING........AND JUMP IN

4. sm372

sm372 Monkey

im still learning about the site the resources seem to be endless this particular topic is just of personal interest

VisuTrac likes this.
  5. john316

john316 Monkey+++

HAVE FUN......WITH ALL THE TAGS WE HAVE.................U CAN GO ON FOR HOURS............DAYS...............WEEKS?................................MONTHS

6. sm372

sm372 Monkey

this is worse than the you tube vortex!!

7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

You can start your own thread. I usually just post mine in general topics. Much of the SM site is too complicated for a simpleton like me but I do try to contribute. :D

Ganado likes this.
  8. sm372

sm372 Monkey

That is a great idea I think I might do that once I learn how it all works

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As far as SM is concerned, the only difference between gay and straight preps is concerned is the drugs hesheit needs to have put aside for the event of concern. We do NOT need to discuss the merits of alternative lifestyles. @sm372
    That should satisfy your question in post #122. If not, start a thread about your particular concern as @Meat suggests.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and VisuTrac like this.
  10. sm372

sm372 Monkey

Understood thanks

Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We accept all peoples. Oh except assholes. They usually get banned.

12. sm372

sm372 Monkey

My only intention was this. As a prepper I don't tell a lot of folks about it, for obvious reasons. But I also don't want to hear about how Im nuts or one of them "crazy preppers" So for the same reason I suspect people come to forums like this to be with like minded people and discuss. This is proving to be an awesome resource. There are many LGBT people that don't fit the stereo types, but they don't feel comfortable being part of the "prepper" community. Getting flack from both sides for a lack of better words. BHRIT makes a good enough point, that perhaps there is no real reason to even bring it up.

ditch witch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If any Monkey should post derogatory posts that calls out another monkey’s Sexual Lifestyle, it would be deleted by mods or admins as a COC Violation... As far as this Monkey Moderator is concerened, it is none of my business, and not appropriate for this site and forum...We hope that all our Monkeys would, and will, be respectful of all the other Monkey individual beliefs and opinions...
    Just understand we put up with GunKid for a while on many different occasions, before we banned him...

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I don’t care who you love. It is hard enough for 2 consenting adults to find someone who they love, who loves them in return and treats them with mutual respect. Who am I to judge that? Now, generally people on here don’t waive their “private business” in others faces no matter what their personal feelings. (Besides a thread or 2 that might be labeled as such) I really don’t care about anyone’s demographics on here. I just care that you are interested in prepping. That makes you someone who the rest of us shouldn’t have to worry about if crap goes down. It is in all of our best interests to have as many people become self sufficient as possible. That way they don’t become liabilities. I have served with both gay and straight people when deployed and they are all my brothers and sisters in uniform. If you are a vet, even better! Welcome either way.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

They are interesting...lol

Meat, oldawg, madmax and 1 other person like this.
  16. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

On some forums they get promoted to mods.:)

3cyl, oldman11, Alf60 and 3 others like this.
  17. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

I have fought beside, been carried out of bars, carried others out of bars, listened to team mates cry over each other, sobbed my heart out at the loss of my best mates, laughed at each other, been laughed at by others, beat the hell out each other, pat each other on the ass, split my last sip of water and smoke with others, stood as God Father to many a snot nose, and had a 5'7" Pollock that could blow smoke rings out of his ass stand as my eldest son God Father and through all this shit I never gave a flying Fuck if you smoked the pole, where a different ethnicity or your sex. If you could do the job and not get me killed, I was good

Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and mysterymet like this.
  18. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I smacked a car with a motorcycle when I was 17, and the first to come to my aid was the gay guy in the neighborhood. Stayed with me until my folks arrived, made sure I didn't have anything on me that would get me in trouble, and visited me in the hospital. All this from a guy I stayed away from as much as I could. Now, I don't agree with the lifestyle, but I "live and let live" as long as it does not threaten me or mine.

RightHand, ghrit and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's none of my business so long as
    • All participants are adults both physically and mentally
    • All participants consent
    • All participants are capable of consent
    • There is no coercion
    • No one is being taken advantage of
    • No one is physically harmed
    • Everybody is of the same species
    • No children are exposed ot otherwise harmed
    It does not mean I approve or otherwise condone. Just means it's none of my business. Someday when I'm perfect and have the time I can judge others my opinion might matter, but until then it's none of my business.

chelloveck, OldDude49, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So far as same species goes, I don't see how that matters as long as neither species suffers. Other than that I agree completely.

Tempstar likes this.
  1. oldman11
  2. Motomom34
  3. TnAndy
  4. Witch Doctor 01
  5. T. Riley
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Motomom34
  8. duane
  9. Motomom34
  10. duane
  11. DKR