Honey Flow - honey on tap

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by CATO, Feb 17, 2015.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Any bit of a smell of honey out side the hive will bring, Bugs, Robber Bees, Bumble Bees, Ants, Uncles or Racoons, just to mention a few problems. Rain can be a problem since Honey is hygroscopic and the smallest amount can cause problems.

Airtime likes this.
  2. HK_User

BTW, did you notice that all the pictures did not show any bees at the collection end, even when the pipes were open and the bottles uncapped, that is a real false hood.

In the real world you would find a gang of bees trying to stem the flow of their food source.

ditch witch, Airtime and Ganado like this.
  3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Yep, and when the presentation of a product is rather fictional, for whatever reason, it brings into question the credibility of the entire product. And I still find the device a solution looking for a problem (not counting the inventors bank account and I actually don't fault them for that; congrats actually) as harvesting honey is no big deal for the bees, isn't hard, doesn't take that much time and is actually rather fun.

HK_User likes this.
  4. HK_User

Brings to mind that the bees might just repair the cracked caps and leave empty, more or less, the comb.

Then again when you get a really late flow of nectar it is sometimes very thick and will not flow well or at all.

Go ahead send me some free and I'll test it!!!!!

ditch witch likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm interested, myself. I intend to have at least one hive on my hunting property.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

7. HK_User

Well, Pollen Traps are made and sold, I guess this is a Sucker Trap.

ditch witch and VisuTrac like this.
  8. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I've raised bees, here is Southern Arizona... honey doesn't flow like that, you can crack the cells like they say they can, but it still will not flow out like that.

I did not send them any money.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

In this, as in many things, time will tell. The normalcy bias pretty much requires that all new ideas be met with ridicule and disbelief simply to keep one's daily life from going off the rails. Pancakes were probably much maligned by the public until the public (in its fundamental self-interest) ate one just to prove it wasn't really food.

10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Now, if only they came in lasagna flavor....:cautious:

1. Motomom34
  2. techsar
  3. Meat
  4. SB21
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid