Horses

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by madmax, Apr 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That's Uncle Bert --- :lol:

RightHand likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LOL I meant the little guy but I can see the family resemblance with Uncle Bert. I guess the belly touching the backbone runs in the family

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here I am with my beloved Comanche
    First-Horse.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I see the resemblance you see, incidental tho' it is. He was my grandmother's brother, one of 11 kids.

5. RightHand

The older I get, the more I resemble family members. They all seemed so old to me until recently

6. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Surely, I'm not the only one on here who spends half of his income on animal feed. This is my motley crew.
    039.JPG

7. RightHand

You need a ranch hand tulianr? will work for food (and riding time)

tulianr likes this.
  8. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I wish you were closer by. I'd take you up on it! I work so much that when I finally get the time to pull out a saddle, all the horses stand around laughing, asking me what exactly I intend to do with that item.

Motomom34, KAS, kellory and 1 other person like this.
  9. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

yea spending alot of my money on vet bills...
    Its amazining what a dad will do for his little girls stray cat she found ....

10. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

tulianr. I have a friend in north GA with a menagerie like that. The miniature horse and one goat literally butt heads over who's in charge all the time. But nobody messes with the pig. lol. The other horses eat and poop a lot and stampede once a day. When his birds start up the whole crew comes running to the fence neighing and screaming and oinking. Love my buddy but I'm glad I'm not right next door. Ha ha.

tulianr and RightHand like this.
  11. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

I started taking riding lessons when I was 4. My first pony was a cute little paint. I moved to a bigger pony in 5th grade, and then to my first horse, a thoroughbred/ quarter horse cross (appendix) . I showed hunter jumpers through college. I quit riding huntseat when I gained 60 lbs during my pregnancy. Would not put my put in a pair of breeches in the show ring at that point. I now trail ride and have a handsome quarter horse named Cisco, a thoroughbred, Hannah, and a paint Peter. We also have 5 horses at my moms, about 2 miles up the road that I help care for also. PIC is of my Cisco.

20160916_104853.

RightHand likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7