Houston Really Dealt One to L.A.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Sep 14, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Hold Your Nose ... Houston Really Dealt One to L.A.
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — Santa Barbara County officials have a smelly, 31,000-ton problem to deal with in a Chino park.
    It's a huge mound of processed cow manure that officials allowed a Houston-based company to store in the park after a deal to ship it to a Central Valley storage site fell through.
    A spokesman for Supervisor Gary Ovitt said a Milk Producers Council official asked the county for help storing the fertilizer on behalf of the company, Synagro.
    County workers dumped the so-called "premium blend of compost" in Prado Regional Park in May. The problem is, the county doesn't own the land: the Army Corp of Engineers does.
    And corps officials say the manure has got to go because it could limit the area's flood control capacity during rainy season.
    County officials say they take responsibility for the mistake, and are looking for a way to move the manure. One solution lets the county use some of it as fertilizer in its own parks.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How did they even notice? LA is so full of "manure" I would have thought it would go unnoticed. Maybe it was the "premium blend" that made it stand out in a crowd, the star in the barrio syndrome.

3. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

The voices tell me I have to do it. 'That's one crappy situation.' :D

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Who give a shit!

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It kind of reminds me of how the New Orleans evacuees really dealt one to Houston. Same shit, different day. [flush]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7