How do you help a person going to prison?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wideym, May 10, 2020.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

The only one's I saw change were the one's that hit bottom, not your bottom but their's. Give them nothing, help then only once it is earned, Let them fall into misery, it is the only way.
    I am waited on by a felon I arrested several times, she is 5 years clean finally after a 7 year stretch and got herself straight, some can some cant, for some the bottom is death. Don't by a ticket for their ride.

SB21, TXKajun, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  2. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

You can probably help yourself out. Watch "Orange is the New Black" series on Netflix. It goes through all the various scenarios cons face in prison. First thing you have to understand, this is not your burden to carry. If and only if she accepts responsibility and wants to change can she change. Whether that is through drug rehab, Narcotics Anonymous, AA, or she finds religion, she has to want to make the change, and when life hands her lemons, she cannot do the "everybody hates me so that is why I can do drugs and steal. Some people never grow up and face reality.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you are looking for a cure and grasping at straws for things you have no personal experience, it likely you will not be able to sell it.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7