How do you start a web site?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Minuteman, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Aptus

Aptus Monkey+++ Founding Member

If you want to be fancy, make sure you have a server with PHP and mySQL and upload Joomla for very nice content management. You could also try WordPress for more of a blog style website. Both of these systems have all sorts of nice templates you can download for them so you have a nice looking site. The best thing is that the systems themselves are free as well as many of the templates.

Edit: Oops, I skimmed the thread too quickly and didn't realize you already went ahead and got a package. However, I might as well leave these links up for others who want some web goodies.

2. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

I find this FREE program easy to use to reduce the Memory Size of your Graphics & Photos and it's less than a Megabyte in size. It downloads fast even on a Dial-up Connection. Ric http://www.irfanview.com

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Congratulations!![applaud]

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks Aptus. I downloaded it this week and plan on playing with Joomla this weekend.

5. Aptus

Aptus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Cool, hope you like it.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Mm, send me the link to your site. I'd like to take a look and critique it

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Done! And for others, I am working on it and there is a lot,LOT, of info to type into "Word" format and upload. So will be sometime before it is ready for any visitors.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7