1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 1 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

How do you start a web site?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Minuteman, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Aptus

Aptus Monkey+++ Founding Member

If you want to be fancy, make sure you have a server with PHP and mySQL and upload Joomla for very nice content management. You could also try WordPress for more of a blog style website. Both of these systems have all sorts of nice templates you can download for them so you have a nice looking site. The best thing is that the systems themselves are free as well as many of the templates.

Edit: Oops, I skimmed the thread too quickly and didn't realize you already went ahead and got a package. However, I might as well leave these links up for others who want some web goodies.

2. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

I find this FREE program easy to use to reduce the Memory Size of your Graphics & Photos and it's less than a Megabyte in size. It downloads fast even on a Dial-up Connection. Ric http://www.irfanview.com

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Congratulations!![applaud]

4. RightHand

RightHand Maslow's Contradiction Moderator Founding Member

Thanks Aptus. I downloaded it this week and plan on playing with Joomla this weekend.

5. Aptus

Aptus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Cool, hope you like it.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Mm, send me the link to your site. I'd like to take a look and critique it

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Done! And for others, I am working on it and there is a lot,LOT, of info to type into "Word" format and upload. So will be sometime before it is ready for any visitors.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7