How gun grabbers will go after fud hunting rifles, fowling pieces, handguns, heirlooms guns, ect.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Dec 6, 2022.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Over 1000 people are stabbed to death with knives --should all knives be banned? Approximately 4000 people die from drowning --should water deeper than 2" be banned? 1000 deaths and 130,000 injuries from bicycles --should bicycles be banned? 750 deaths from horses ---should horses be banned? Car deaths per year 43,000--should cars be banned? 9000 accidental hospital deaths---ban hospitals ?
    I'm being sarcastic--- you can not protect every one in society and the number of deaths from guns or anything else is insignificant compared to the total population. To go after guns which are neither good nor bad (inanimate objects) is ridiculous --it is the person using this inanimate object that makes it bad which can be said for anything else used wrongly

mechstdr, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

1t33c5.

mechstdr, SB21, oldawg and 10 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Oregon Fudds learned a valuable lesson from their support of 114. They are still missing that they are in the sights as well and think they are simply collateral damage.

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

What the grabbers miss is that owning a gun is a constitutional right, not a privilege. Driving a car is a privilege and therefore can be regulated. To wit, it is unconstitutional to restrict firearms ownership or the type of firearm a law-abiding citizen owns. It is rediculous that State legislature's get away with violating the Bill of Rights. The Constitution exists not to afford the citizens of this country freedoms but to limit the extent to which government is allowed to restrict those freedoms.
    bangdesk.

mechstdr, toydoc, johnbb and 6 others like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Personally, I no longer worry about them taking my guns because 1. I have made my decision and the answer is "NO! You can't have them." 2. Being old and done all I ever wanted to do in this life (and more!) and having maybe only 10 good years left, God willing, I have much less to lose than anyone wanting to take my firearms. Anyway, I no longer worry about it because I simply will not obey. I did a bit of fact researching myself and came across a pretty fair article...make of it what you will as the data is from CDC. The article seems pretty good though...
    =========
    Gun deaths in the U.S.: 10 key questions answered | Pew Research Center

U.S. population in 2020 equals 329.5 million.

In 2020, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S in 2020, according to the CDC.
    This figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three other, less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC: those that were unintentional, those that involved law enforcement and those whose circumstances could not be determined. Note: CDC fatality statistics are based on information contained in official death certificates, which identify a single cause of death.)

What share of U.S. gun deaths are murders and what share are suicides?
    In 2020, 54% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides (24,292), while 43% were murders (19,384).
    The remaining gun deaths that year were unintentional (535), involved law enforcement (611) or had undetermined circumstances (400).

What share of all murders and suicides in the U.S. involve a gun?

Nearly eight-in-ten (79%) U.S. murders in 2020 – 19,384 out of 24,576 – involved a firearm. That marked the highest percentage since at least 1968, the earliest year for which the CDC has online records. A little over half (53%) of all suicides in 2020 – 24,292 out of 45,979 – involved a gun, a percentage that has generally remained stable in recent years.

I think what needs to be done is then relate this data to the top 'murder cities' to see where the majorities of these murders are committed (wanna bet they are Left controlled and have strict gun control?) which I found done for 2016 data which now is too old to consider. However, if you are interested, in 2016 they were CHICAGO, BALTIMORE, DETROIT, and WASHINGTON DC which amounted to 25% or more of the murders, in just these four cities.

Then the data should be compared to Drug Overdose, Traffic Accidents, and even FLU/COVID, Heart Disease, and Preventable/Accidental Medical Errors (this would shock you!). This was done before but the data is no longer valid as too old so I refuse to present it here.

Anyway, I don't worry too much about this anymore...what they need to be worrying about is how they are going to take my firearms from me.

mechstdr, BlueDuck, oldawg and 5 others like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What ever you do never post gun deaths/shootings by race.
    Liberal heads will explode.
    [shtf]

john316, mechstdr, SB21 and 5 others like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ask yourself just how many enumerated rights require a permit? Will be attending a church be next? Freedom of speech (they are working on this one)? What about illegal search and seizure? No permit, we'll just look through your stuff and take what we want...

mechstdr, Bandit99, techsar and 2 others like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The "I only have a lever gun and revolver" people are the ones that will allow gun control to propagate until the gun grabbers are after the lever guns and revolvers. By then it's too late. My solution is that natural causes will prevail before they ruin everything up for the rest of us.

We already know cities that vote dark blue are murder and crime hot spots.
    The gun grabber narrative is something like "because you have an AR15 on your estate out in the country, black people in the city kill each other, with handguns".
    They expect us to believe if we give up our scary black rifles people will miraculously stop killing each other.
    To me democrats murdering each other sounds more like the problem solving it's self than an actual problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2022
    john316, mechstdr, Bandit99 and 5 others like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides citizens the right to be free from illegal search and seizure of evidence. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. The First Amendment protects freedom of speech and will never be challenged as the Media would explode if so. Imagine journalists being required to be licensed and speech being regulated. There are perhaps numerous examples of infringements upon our innate God given rights as human beings but just be thankful our founders had the foresight to place limits on government's reach.

11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

sasquatch91, mechstdr, SB21 and 6 others like this.
  12. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I'll be back with those statistics love to see exploding empty headed liberals

mechstdr, SB21, techsar and 1 other person like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

mechstdr, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Next gun control push.
    Since raising the age to 21 in a bunch of states didn't do jack shit to curb gun violence the next bright idea? Raise the age to buy guns and ammo to 25.....

Gator 45/70 and mechstdr like this.
  15. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Raise the age and it still won't lower the murder rate in the black community or stop the gangs like MS 13 from getting their slimy hands on a firearms. What do these liberal POS not understand "shall not be infringed"

16. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

The age to purchase ANY firearm should be the same as the age to vote.

17. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

it's all power & control nothing else, you can't stop them or fight back if you don't have the tools !!

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and oil pan 4 like this.
  18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Years ago, there was an article in a Birmingham, Alabama newspaper that investigated the high murder rate among Blacks in B'ham. Most murders were Black-on-Black crimes that involved people that knew one another, involved alcohol/drugs and were for petty reason (less than $20, women, etc.)! What I took away form that article was this, stay away from Black folks! I guess that makes me a racist...can't say that I've lost any sleep over it!

mechstdr, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  19. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Once they get the age limit to be 25, they’ll start pushing for 30. Once they get 30, they’ll go for 35. At the same time, they’ll look to lower the voting age to 16, then 14. They’ll legislate stupid rules to get gun control while calling it “commonsense. “
    They’ll do this with the votes of children that are brainwashed in indoctrination centers (schools).

mechstdr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. john316

john316 Monkey+++

“In October, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data on U.S. firearm deaths last year, counting more than 47,000 — the most in at least 40 years. “

SO, 41 YEARS AGO, 1980 OR SO, IT WAS HIGHER

IT WAS HIGHER IN THE 60'S ALSO

mechstdr and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7