How has humor changed your life?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by kellory, Mar 26, 2016.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

When life places you in a place where you can either laugh or cry, always laugh, it makes much better memories. Like an old sargent said about bitch***, you have to be alive to bi***, so shut up and enjoy the moment.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Did an April Fools' joke on neighbors. Made a deal with them, we got 1/4th of their cord, and when we get our wood delivered next month, we give them 1/4th back. So I brought our ash bucket over to them today, told them I'm bringing the wood back. Did it today, because doing it on April Fools is too obvious ;)

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have taken some time to think about the subject and I have a story to share but it is bitter sweet. well bitter.
    The S&R team was deployed by helicopter to a remote crash site. a private plane had crashed into the hill side and burned .
    The cornier refused to drop in on site due to snow conditions and terrain .
    Burnt bodies were slammed against the dash of the airplane cab and it was the teams job to remove the bodies and get them out of the area before the weather deteriorated further.
    So we were fighting time and the lack of enough body bags .
    Only the senior of the team were allowed to do this packing, but it was a serious mess and the smell was more than many expected.
    The only way to deal with the horrific event was to joke about not having barbecue sauce and related out door goodies .
    Though it was irreverant and a lot of joking was taking place ,it seemed the only way to vent the emotion while working.
    It was not my first time dealing with this issue , but it must be under stood ,that just because rescue personnel do not act with the emotion of the families victims ,doesn't mean they don't care, some people last only a few years, doing rescue work because of the emotional strain. because they care.
    No doubt that post SHTF or worse , the dead will have to be dealt with needing trash bags and latex gloves and a will to deal with the dead . If there are disease issues the dead need to be burned down wind and guarded to make sure all is consumed ,or rats will spread the desease if the job is not thoroughly done.
    Joking though it seems out of place , is sometimes a reasonable vent . but it should be done only in the company of those directly involved with the task at hand , and not disrespecting those grieving .
    Dad when he was young worked for a while as an ambulance driver for a funeral home and it was not uncommon to listen to the jokes that got told among dad and the boss, in private. I didn't understand then but I do now.

Ganado and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7