How hot and dry

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by -06, Jul 9, 2012.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

IT'S SO HOT AND DRY in Tennessee

....the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground. ....the trees are whistling for the dogs. ....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance. ....hot water comes from both taps. ....you can make sun tea instantly. ....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron. ....the temperature drops below 95 F (35 C) and you feel a little chilly. ....you discover that in July it only takes two fingers to steer your car. ....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window. ....you actually burn your hand opening the car door. ....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 A.M. ....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?" ....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage. ....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter. ....the cows are giving evaporated milk. ....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs. IT'S SO DRY IN Kansas....

That the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, The Methodists are using wet-wipes, Presbyterians are giving rain checks, And the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!

von bohmen, bgner and Sapper John like this.
  2. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well that is pretty funny, except a couple of them happened to me here. Burned hand on car door, sun burned, branding iron.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Maybe there is something to this global warming thing.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's so hot and dry (How hot and dry is it?)
    Cow flops don't need to be aged before burning.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Dry and Tennessee summer do not belong in the same post. I spent 9 years in TN and you could spill a beer on the front porch in May and the puddle would still be wet in September.

At least where I was - Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg area - qualified as a rain forest that made the Galapagos jealous.

Now in the high desert of the PNW, beer evaporates while on its journey from the bottle to the glass.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7