How important is a Bowie style knife?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by gillman7, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

That looks real handy to me... gander mtn's got a cheap winchester brand bowie ( for like $25) its cheap enough I may pick one up and give a large knife a try....I know cheap knives don't hold an edge , or put up with abuse, but Jeremiah johnson couldn't be wrong...

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a few knives.... :D

And I love my ULU..Use it all the time in the kitchen.....

and just got a really nice machete.....Love my B&T that Valkman made...I have used it a lot when I was still on the beach...It was great for Whiting and even small sand sharks (after peeling the skin off)

I carry a Kershaw Black Leek in my purse...and a small pocketknife, just for other stuff.....and one other one.....

I think I'm ok in the knife dept....and now that I inherited 3 new guns with the house...I feel better on that score as well.......

3. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

I have a Hibben Rambo III that someone got me as a joke. It's functionally useless. Except for scaring people or wearing on halloween.

I carry a razor-sharp leatherman multi tool and a titanium handled SOG folder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7