1. Given the media intensity given to the Corona or Wuhan virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 1 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

How important is a Bowie style knife?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by gillman7, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

That looks real handy to me... gander mtn's got a cheap winchester brand bowie ( for like $25) its cheap enough I may pick one up and give a large knife a try....I know cheap knives don't hold an edge , or put up with abuse, but Jeremiah johnson couldn't be wrong...

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a few knives.... :D

And I love my ULU..Use it all the time in the kitchen.....

and just got a really nice machete.....Love my B&T that Valkman made...I have used it a lot when I was still on the beach...It was great for Whiting and even small sand sharks (after peeling the skin off)

I carry a Kershaw Black Leek in my purse...and a small pocketknife, just for other stuff.....and one other one.....

I think I'm ok in the knife dept....and now that I inherited 3 new guns with the house...I feel better on that score as well.......

3. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

I have a Hibben Rambo III that someone got me as a joke. It's functionally useless. Except for scaring people or wearing on halloween.

I carry a razor-sharp leatherman multi tool and a titanium handled SOG folder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7