How is the Harvest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cruisin Sloth, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

We have harvested 1500# of pears , apples , plums .. & still not done .
    Plus it's early in the PNW

Sloth

AD1, GOG, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  2. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I put up 65 quarts of green beans before the extream heat got the garden but still putting up tomatoes and as far as fruit there are orchards all around here -going to can some pears soon ( next week) and will be dehydrating apples too

Cruisin Sloth, GOG, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I still have a butternut squash from last fall sitting on top of the freezer. :D

Garden was a bust this year, other than the jalapenos anyway. If I need to survive on candied jalapenos I'm all set.

Motomom34, sec_monkey, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Due to the rains, most of our crap is dead. Looking like we are goingt o have a bumper crop of pecans though, so I'm not complaining. Had a drought the last two years during germination, baked all of the pecans on the tree before they got bigger than a finger nail.

Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and GOG like this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I didn't plant a garden this year. I will next year, but I'm going to build raised beds. Weeds, wildflowers, blackberries and trees grow just fine here, but veggies need much better soil.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Then for sure You would be a hot witch
    We have had those bad weather years also , Im thinking sun shade (believe it in a rain forest )
    Here we also must make our soil , Im in sand so the perk off is great but all the good stuff is washed away , Here I made pits with liners under the raised beds & a bilge so I collect the & pump the good stuff back on , rain is deflected away so I don't get a swamp. We must make our soil . I have a garburator / food grinder / food waste in a sink thats outside in the green house .
    On septic , i don't want to fill the tank with better stuff , so it's in a sealed tub & i grind it up collect it & then is put into a sealed vented black garbage can that has more worms in it (I don,t fish , but dang ) . That is where we get some of our soil & every year from the suff that fails or culls , we work that food grinder work

Sloth

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I planted some seeds late and surprisingly everything is doing better then in the summer. The warm days and cool nights really have my plants looking healthier. I should have zucchini in a few weeks.

GOG likes this.
  8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Had to move the whole garden because each time it was replanted, a new flood would carry it off. Cut a 10" deep channel through the middle of the garden, say 15' wide.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7