how many are having word wrap problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I know I don't and I've tried from 3 different systems. All windows XP IE6
    Not sure what else to try. Tracy, Does your husband have the smae problem?

Who else? :?:

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Im running windows 2000 I think or older. The comp is a pent 1 designed for windows 95, like I mentioned one that Mathusala threw out since it was to old. The words wrap such that if I move it over so the line between the names and such and the text is at the left edge of the screen then it pretty much shows all the text unless it happens to be an odd post, one that has a wider box than the rest.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The index page also shows the same way. I cant see both sides of the listings at the same time, I have to move the forum titles off screen to see the stuff at the right.

eta; it not the name of the forum but the status I guess like locked, populat or whatever, the little emblems on the far left that has to be off screen to see the stuff to the right edge.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Exactly the same here. Windows XP Pro SP2 and fully upgraded. Netscape. Using a 14" monitor, which may have some effect. Can't check on the 19", that machine is dead. :shock: I thought it was me not having a clue. (Which I really don't.)

5. melbo

good, I disabled the Avatar in the right hand corner when you are logged in. and also re-arranged the top buttons. I might try adding the avater back later as I like it.

hope it all works. I want to have these things worked out before I really open up the board.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!![beer]

6. ghrit

Yup, fixed. Good job, bub. :D

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yeah works great man!

8. melbo

Did I really invite you here?

Thanks G

9. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I miss all the fun stuff dag nab it.

That's what I get for working a 12 hour day :?

10. Quigley_Sharps

it's ok TLynn
    I do 14hrs most days of the week, they can e-mail us the details :lol:

11. TLynn

But Quig - I'm a secretary! We're only supposed to work 8 hr days. (yeah I know quit my whining) Ah well I only have to do it a couple of times a year.

12. Quigley_Sharps

Damn T that is bad, Im sorry!

13. TLynn

It'z all good Quig. After all I get comp time (the Federal Government is too cheap to pay overtime :lol: ). And I got veggies (I don't do cookies or cake) after the meeting (thank god for recording machines, I do lousy shorthand).

Now I just get to clean everything up tomorrow - I left it all in one of the storerooms... :lol:

As for the word wrap thing - I never did have problems with it - even last night it was okay for me. But I'm glad that those who did have problems don't anymore.

14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I spent year and years working 12 - 14 hrs a day, 5 or 6 (some times 7) days a week. I started my own business about 10 yrs ago when I needed time to take care of my folks before they died. I was able to keep the hours under control until my mom and dad died then the business exploded and I'm back to the 90 hr weeks. That should translate to a better income but unfortunately that isn't always the case. I'm an accountant by trade but my services include everything from custom software, marketing, conducting software training, helping negotiate financing, etc. Just about anything a small business needs. If I can't do it myself, I put the company in contact with others who can. One of my specialties is to go into small, new or troubled businesses, setup or analyze their processes and procedure, make suggestions to correct them and work with them to bring their business to some level of financial health. On the way toward that health, they usually don't have a lot of money and since I'm not 'payroll' my invoices get lumped in with other vendors which means I wait.....I get more involved in the guts of the business than most of the employees and usually have very close relationships with the owners which makes it difficult to strongarm them for payments. Eventually, I get paid but it's sometimes a long wait. I've only had 1 client stick me. Not a bad ratio. Nonetheless, I'm grateful for the work, enjoy the intelluctual challenge, and get much satisfaction from seeing small business succeed and knowing I had a part in it.

What started out as a commiseration with TLynn on the long hrs ended up as my own rant. Sorry about that. T Lynn, sorry you had such a long day!!!

Oh, by the way, just to keep this in line with the thread, I haven't had any problems here with text wrapping.

15. Quigley_Sharps

Welcome Aboard RightHand its great to see you here!

16. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks Quig. We all need a little diversity and old friends in a new neighborhood is always a nice bonus.

17. Hillclimber

Hillclimber Monkey+++ Founding Member

RightHand,

I think I once PM'd you about aconting/LLC stuff... I figured it out I think. We, (brother and I), had a falling out shortly after the PM.. New Biz now but I really feel for your hours.

How are you related with SADLAK?

I see an 'occupations' thread on the horizon... :)

18. Quigley_Sharps

It sure is. [beer]

19. RightHand

Mike Sadlak is one of my clients. I give him a lot of extra (aka free) time because he's such a great guy, works as hard as anyone I've ever know, and loves manufacturing as much as I do. He and his wife have become very good friends through the years. I started just doing his accounting but it grew to contract management, marketing, and in general helping him run the business.

20. ghrit

Musta been you, no else is that crazy. :twisted:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7