How many different cal guns you buy ammo for

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Nov 11, 2015.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Nice try ATF. [sarc2] Serously, I have to go through my rounds. I think I have some for weapons that I don't have firearms for. I also have what I refer to as suicide rounds. Those are ones I found in my dad's stuff when he died. He reloaded some brass and shots with no markings. I guess they could be for last effort. I prefer 22 and 7 or 8 for hunting. Have 00 for defense in 12ga. 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 40, 9mm, 38, 30-30 and 308.

2. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

22, 243, 5.56, 9mm, 12 gauge - keep it simple.
    Looking at replacing the 243 with a 308

oldawg likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

.22, 12 ga. ,7.62X39, 5.56. .270, 30-30, 9mm, .40, .45, 308.... but that was all before the tragic boating accident on the Puget Sound when I was moving it and all the ammo to the BOL..... that stuff is deep out there.....:rolleyes:

TailorMadeHell, oldawg and Dunerunner like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

13 different "calibers" to go with the damn wet guns. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it, in the hope I can someday dive down and do a salvage.

(Counting different loads for several of those "calibers", the count goes up a mite.)

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

As a good father I have provided for my three sons and their families; Precious metals for all!
    Lead, copper, brass etc. At my age I'll never use my little stash so the kids get a supply to add to their own, They'll need it all as their brides and kids shoot like crazy.....
    GB

oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Hate to be the bearer of bad news T but you should have both. Here in Texas the .243 is a very good choice of an all around game and predator round. The ammo is available at about every place that sells ammo and potato chips. The .308 is a choice to have for the more formidable upright stalking predators and better at longer distances on windy days which we do have on occasion. Also the ammo is readily available in the same places as the .243.(sits just to the other side of the .270 boxes but before the '06 and thutty thutty.)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Sound reasoning sir. I shall take your advice. Don't like selling guns or dogs. Just don't seem right.

8. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

.22, 22 mag, .223, 22-250, 243, 7mm mag. 9mm, .38, .357, .44 mag. Enough ammo and reloading supplies, for the rest of my life.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7