How many have had a Black Swan event during this shut down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Aug 1, 2020.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer 3-5, we went from me int he office to not being allowed in to the hospital for her surgery. Doc got that BS fixed quick thank god. Been doing radiation and all treatment thru this BS. Thank god she is fine but what a dog and pony show. Did give the nice surgeon some N95s I happen to have for her office.

GOG, SB21, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yup,understood, went through that in 83, scary times and times your spouse and you need to be together. Best of luck to you and yours. Cancer was killed off for us and we made it together till 2000. Never give up and take each day as it comes.

Gator 45/70, GOG, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

@fedorthedog best wishes and prayers inbound for your wife.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. HK_User

Moving along with Black Swan Projects
    Pic 1. The Unistrut Job of the washing machine and dryer is mostly finished it was in process when the Pressuret Tank went TU. It will have a back board and side rails on the second shelf and end pieces on each raw Unistrut rail.
    Pic 2. The Pump House will be complete by Friday and what you see now is just part of the supply manifold.
    Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll see the Doc on Monday and we'll have a idea the work to be done on me.
    Pic 3. Is just a quick pic of the outside work bench I use for work and some of the parts for this job.
    Not bad for a one armed sailor.

Working in a tight space at this time is tiring and you know the rest so bring the cheese for my whine.

DSCF5251.JPG

DSCF5248.JPG

DSCF5246.JPG

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. HK_User

Power Pole installed with all electrical on a lighted uni-strut.
    DSCF5296.JPG

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

What's the deal with left shoulders?

August 3, just as it started to rain here in advance of Hurricane Isaias, I decided it would be a good idea to move a car into the garage. When I got out of the car, in my normal fashion, which ain't normal, since I don't bend where normal humans bend, I slipped.

Put my left hand on the deck to catch myself, then noticed my left arm, straight out, rotating above me, and as I settled abruptly onto my back, I noticed that on its current trajectory my watch crystal would slam into the concrete at any moment. I was mesmerized. How was my arm suddenly up there? The watch didn't quite make it to the concrete. I lay there for a moment, thinking, this is not good. I'm all alone, in the forest, with a storm coming, and nobody to even find my body before the dogs eat me.

Next thing I know I'm up, back at my work bench, wrestling with a lantern fuel cap. Arm feels a little tingly, so I raise both arms over my head. Cool. Now to bring them down. I heard and felt the familiar soft thud of joints going back into place, and felt the first pinch of pain in the shoulder. Never missed a minute of work, never went to the doctor, but it set me back on things that needed doing around the house by at least a month. Couldn't carry more than two bottles of beer in that hand for a couple weeks. In that time, since I wasn't working in the yard, I had a local tree guy come and drop three 70' pines that needed to fall within a couple feet in either direction to clear barns, fruit trees, and Martin houses. The grass did get tremendously tall while I recovered, but I found that I could mulch it slowly, without straining my arm, or coming out looking like a cob salad when I got done.

I've finished lots of projects and deals since that injury. Were they because of the injury? Because I took time to slow down and think about what really needed to be done? Probably. Do I want to do it again? Oh, Hell NO! I still can't get out of a car like a normal person, and do more of a counterclockwise roll down the side of the car to get myself out, but I sure don't need any more big injuries. I need to get back to the gym and running on the beach. I'll be in the 60-65 class next year for 5k runs. I don't like getting smoked on runs by ladies and dogs, but I'm not ready to hang up my running shoes yet.

Ganado, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7