How much silver/gold should I have stacked.

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by VisuTrac, Apr 17, 2021.

?
  1. 10 ozt Silver

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. 50 ozt Silver

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 100 ozt Silver

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. 250 ozt Silver

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. 1000 ozt Silver

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. More than 1000 ozt Silver

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. 1 ozt Gold

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  8. 5 ozt Gold

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  9. 10 ozt Gold

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. 25+ ozt Gold

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

...and that is the problem, they are going to destroy the US$ and we'll be lucky if were don't end up like Venezuela, Argentina, Zimbabwe, or the German Weimar Republic. We could end up like the folks in Russia after the fall of the USSR, where their old-age pensions would barely buy a carton of cheap Russian cigarettes.. All of the grand promises of the Soviet Union were forgotten and the people forsaken in the harsh light of financial reality. So be aware that promises can be broken and that you are considered expendable...SSI, SSDI, medicare, medicaid, VA benefits, clean air, safe drinking water, sewage treatment, reliable utilities, relatively cheap food and fuel, etc. could all be on the chopping block.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well no silver rally has lasted more than a year. This one is already about 9 months old and has given plenty of real clear indications it's leveled off.
    In a year we should be able to have ounces delivered for around $20 an ounce or less if we are lucky.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I'm quite happy with buying some every year.

[​IMG]

Wildbilly and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't buy when it's at near decade high prices for what I thought were obvious reasons.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Better to buy a little here and a little there, rather than wait and hope that you can make a killin' at just the right time. I'm prepared NOW, and I'll be even more prepared next year and the year after! When the SHTF I'll be content to brag about how smart I was to have been a prepper...and that will be enough!

Cruisin Sloth, ghrit and Minuteman like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Silver fell another dollar an ounce.
    If this keeps up next spring I'll be in or near my buy price range.
    I'm going to buy cheap and sell ridiculously high and make a killing.
    I still have hundreds of ounces. Of the market price would have hit $30 an ounce I would have released more, if the price stated exploding past $50 an ounce I would list everything.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Gold and silver are money -- because people will accept them as payment for goods and services.

They are (unfortunately) easy to counterfeit, so you usually have to prove the purity and/or the provenance of your gold and silver money.

The form doesn't really matter all that much, whether it's dust, nuggets, ingots, coins, or tokens. Weight and purity are what determine the relative worth of your gold and silver money.

Once that issue is settled, it's only a matter of haggling for the best price, whether you're buying or selling.

Which people do with fiat money all the time.

Not every form of fiat money is acceptable to everyone. On some days you might not be able to buy US Dollars with Japanese Yen, or the Sudanese Pound with the Polish Zloty -- but the day will never come when you can't buy any currency on the face of the earth with gold or silver

Having the local currency usually makes it easier to buy and sell without attracting a lot of attention. But, even so, you can always skip the local currency if you wish and do your buy/sell with the Really Good Stuff: Gold and Silver.

There is an old saying about gold: "Those who do not crave it lust for it."

So the question here is really "How much money should you stock?"

And the answer, obviously, is "All you can!"

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

From what I can tell almost no one is going to care about silver until after paper is worthless.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Silver is down to about a 1 year low.
    Now you can get silver for well under $30 an ounce, as opposed to paying about $40 an ounce not that long ago.
    Aren't you glad you didn't buy?
    And people who did probably feel pretty stupid.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh wait when adjusted for inflation, definitely at a year low.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Question answered on the vote
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Silver down again. It's closing in fast on my buy in range, a lot faster than I thought it would.
    Depending on how it gets there my first buy trigger is in the $22 range. That means I'll be looking at probably $25 an ounce with fees, tax, shipping, insurance and I really don't like the thought of buying a lot of silver at $25 an ounce.
    I'll put the money I made selling fractionals into the first silver buy, those fractionals went for $50 to $60 an ounce.
    Man people are stupid. Panicking people are more stupider.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Getting close to my buy point again too.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Last time I valued my silver was in 2021 at about $25 an ounce. It’s $19 now. Hoping there was a 2 for 1 split i failed to hear about. So much for being an inflation hedge. Comment?

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You are just counting your money early. The economy hasn't collapsed yet.
    If the dollar goes tits up you'll be just fine.

16. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

You are exactly right. My Dad has asked me several times what the price of gold and silver is at and I told him I don't look at it and it was not bought for an investment.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

It got up to IIRC $28 earlier this year. It will go back up. Most investors and dealers I have talked to or read say if it breaks the $30 ceiling it will continue up significantly. We could easily see $50. Look at $19 as an opportunity. I will be buying more at that price for sure.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I just try to buy at 1 to 2 year lows at the minimum.
    If there's a 5 to 10 year low, buy more.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

19.00 spot price doesn't mean you are going to find it for that.
    Looking around most dealers want 3-7 dollars over spot to obtain the physical generic.
    and you are going to be paying a lot more for coins and small orders.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Damn, you need to find a new dealer. I have never paid more than 2 to 3 dollars over spot. Pre '64, rounds, or bars. Bought 100 Oz bars for $2 over spot. I had to liquidate a couple recently. I got back exactly the same as I paid for them. Didn't make anything but they didn't lose value sitting in the safe. Same with guns and bullets.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7