How the American Red Cross Built Six Homes in Haiti

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john316, Jul 3, 2016.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

a nice read
    American Red Cross exposed as massive, incompetent fraud: built just six homes after collecting half a billion dollars in Haiti earthquake donations

http://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-re...

Legion489 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is disgusting. I didn't donate a dime to Haiti because I knew the people wouldn't get the money. I know it sounds bad but I only give to American disasters. Hugo, Katrina, Joplin plus more. I give to Feed the Children or churches that are greatly involve in disaster relief efforts.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Motomom34 No it's not bad because you are right! I have seen these NGOs all over the world and they pretty much feather their own beds first - with lots of feathers. I stop giving a long time ago but I thought the America Red Cross could be trusted so they are now on my Blacklist also. The International Red Cross is a racket and they were one of the first that I stopped supporting...but I always thought the American Red Cross were straight shooters. Live and learn...

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Something like 2.5 billion dollars was raised for Haiti relief and virtually nothing made it there.

Motomom34 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Not a fan of the Red Cross! To much waste, to much agenda! Long time non-supporter!

Legion489 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I don't give to charities as I know the people that run them get paid first before any money gets to the needy and most of the time their salary are jacked up. I have only seen 1 or 2 charity’s give all the money to the needy

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I quit supporting them when they charged my dad $3000.00 to take his own blood and have it available during surgery, and he didn't even get it back. It's a great racket, make money on the backs of volunteers so you can pay large salaries and hand out a few bottles of water at a disaster, water that didn't cost you anything.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

GOG likes this.
  9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

One charity that all the reports I've seen say is legit...

would be this one... all reports they run to the situation or place and bring much needed food etc...

they were one of the first ti Haiti... IIRC...

don't know that they build houses for people though...

Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

11. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

People don't think of the Red Cross as a business and that's the key to its wealth. Americans are incredibly generous and those hucksters capitalize on others misery. They make sure they "show the flag" so to speak and then volunteers do the heavy lifting. Outfits like that have preyed on our kindness for too many years. Another fraud is the United Way.

True Story:

Many years ago, the Sacramento River was overflowing its banks. (It's contained by many levees) My wife and some other folks made sandwiches and coffee for the people filling sandbags and so on. Then the Red Cross showed up and made them stop. I guess they didn't want to lose any money.

Legion489 likes this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would like to point out, ONE Good Worldwide NPO, that does Good Work, and does a real Good with their Donation Money.... 95% of their Staff are Volunteers, and serve with NO Compensation. Doctor's without Boarders Any Donations are used to support Personnel in the Field, and Train those Personnel, to go into the Field.

oldawg, 3M-TA3 and GOG like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7