How the police can be a pain in your backside.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cschattner, Dec 12, 2015.

1. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

As soon as my electricity is up and running I will be installing security cameras and "smile your on camera" signs.

sec_monkey and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I prefer this sign...[​IMG]

3M-TA3, pearlselby and Mountainman like this.
  3. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I am more worried about finding a system I can afford that is able to be outdoors and can be viewed on my phone.

4. kellory

That is not likely to happen. The game cameras that can transmit a photo, are not cheap, and require either a cell line and data, or WiFi within range. Neither is within my range.

5. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

exactly my problem. I think I will be stuck with a basic system till my house is built.

6. kellory

You can get game cameras in the 40-100 dollar range. Get several and make one obvious, and the rest not.
    You will get pics of your tresspassers. Some will try to damage your cameras, or take the memory card, so have each camera watching another.
    Put a bit of masking tape under the cover marked "1 of 6" (put out 3-4) did you really think this was the only one? Smile @$$hole"

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  7. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

that's a good idea

sec_monkey and chelloveck like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

How about setting up some trail cams in locations that they have been in before?

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

No offense; but, you knowing for a fact doesn't prove it for a fact for the sheriff.
    I'd buy some game cameras, catch them on film, and have the sheriff charge them with trespassing. Be sure to hid the cameras and be sure what is in the background proves they are trespassing. Game cameras do not need electricity.
    Same as most games, 2 can play them.

Tully Mars and chelloveck like this.
  10. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

Oh I know I was just stating what I know for you guys. I know that unless I have video or photographic evidence the cops will do nothing.

11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I'd film them and have LE nail them for trespassing.
    Easy peasy and the problem is over. We have a campsite in the mountains of NE Georgia. I have a film of GA Power's sub contractors eating lunch and enjoying view. :)

chelloveck likes this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

One of the covert game cameras should cover your water supply to the horses....if the tap is deliberately turned on by these ba$tards to empty your horses' water supply, then you have THEM on toast, not only for trespass, but animal cruelty....which might not be very good for their own animal dependant business.

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  13. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

Absolutely get security cameras hidden around your property. Don't doubt that these people might sabotage you or your animals. People poison pets and livestock all the time, keep your wits about you. Getting guinea fowl, roosters, and especially peacocks would make a great and very a obnoxious alarm system, I know from experiance. Maybe get a loyal and intimidating dog. Catch the bastards on camera and ruin them.

oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  14. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Here's one and it's legal find which ever corner of your property is up wind from the one complaining. Then use that corner to pile all your animal waste. Every month or so go out and spread it out a little you know to help it dry. When the fellow down wind starts to complain and the L.E.O shows up tell them you are storing it on the back of your property to use for your garden and yard work next year..

Tully Mars, Ganado, BTPost and 3 others like this.
  15. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I can't tie the dog out. I tried that so my dog would get exercise during my day at work and one of the days I got a surprise rain and when I got home the deputy was waiting for me and told me I needed to put the dog inside. So he now waits for me to get home to let him out.
    I would not put dumping water past these people. 3 weeks ago I got an email from the deputy stating that over the weekend the horse and donkey where out and that I needed to contain my animals with an electric fencer. One problem, I was there all weekend all day and the horse and donkey never got out. When I mentioned that he said they received a complaint about loose horse and donkey and it stated that they where mine. I again stated that such an event was not possible because I was there Sun up to Sun down all weekend and they never escaped. I asked him if he came out to check or sent someone to check and he said they never sent anyone but he insisted they where out.
    Lying jerk.

16. kellory

Every complaint has a name attached. That is filing a false police report. THAT IS A CRIME. Insist it be prosecuted.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

He isn't lying, just going by the Complaint... You need to get a Copy of that Complaint, like others have stated, and start building a FILE, for future reference and prosecution....

pearlselby, Tully Mars and 3cyl like this.
  18. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

Try not to get upset at the police here as they seem to just be doing their job.

Tikka and kellory like this.
  19. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I would not mind them doing their job but they are not telling people to stop wasting their time. Instead they are coming out for every little thing that is not even a crime and calling people who they have no business calling.

20. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

For 'mericans being so tough and all....seems like you handle these sorta things much "softer" than us northern folks.
    When we first bought our farm, most of our neighbors didnt like us. Our situation is much like yours in the sense that everyone on all sides is in a much higher tax bracket...granted we weren't trying to live in a shed amoungst millionaires.
    In the early days we had the cops and fire dept here every other weekend for our fire pit, working on trucks in the driveway noise,
    loose guard dogs, fireworks, parties of 50+ people etc. Heck, they even had good reason some of the time.
    We won them all over the years with acts of undeniable kindness...starting with the old folks at the end of the road...
    That and more than a couple "this is how it is...and this is how it's gonna be" face-to-face confrontations.
    Now days...if they have a problem - they txt or call us to talk it out because we're generally on good terms and they know callin in the "authorities" will cause them more problems than it will resolve.

I'm gonna wish you the best of luck here and suggest you throw a big party on your land for your mil buddies....and invite your neighbors.

Also - i'd be wary of any advice kellory gives you here - bet he'd be one of the complainers if he was your neighbor.

MG

Cruisin Sloth and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7