How to clean a crow

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Went out crow hunting this morning

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

About what does that taste like...other than creaux?

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's been a while since I've eat crow ,,, other than in the linguistical sense , :ROFLMAO:,,,, Grandma used to put crow in her Brunswick Stew ,, If I remember right , she said real Brunswick Stew had 7 different meats in it . I enjoy seeing and appreciate your videos Bishop . (y)

4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

It's a lot like dove or duck it depends on how you fix it also I like to parboil it first with onions and salt then flower with yellow corn mill mil flower salt and pepper and slow deep fry or take a jalapeno pepper an slice some up put on the breast wrap with bacon and place on the grill cook until the bacon is done.

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

They're quite good. I soak them in teriyaki sauce and whack them with a meat tenderizer to make the nuggets thinner and cook them on the grill. Very lean meat, so you don't want to over cook it. Might be better suited to stir fry, or stew meat, but I've never tried them other than grilled. I like the whole breast harvest. I always use a short bird knife and cut the breast nuggets out separately. Crow nuggets.

Singularly smartest bird in North America, and harder than you'd think to knock down, even when they're in close. Great shooting Bishop. I usually get three to five on good days, but there have been lots of days when I shoot a lot and see lots of feathers flying, but can't knock them down. I hunt in bear country, so I get a little anxious when I have to look for birds that have fallen in blueberry patches.

I like electronic calls, but sometimes they're not able to talk the crows in. I start with a "look here" to get a scout to fly over my decoys, and then just mimic their calls until the flock is on final approach. After I've shot I go into a wounded crow call that has had them coming back over and over. Once I make that call, the day is over in that area. They get wise to me and stay away.

6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I let the cats bait them in.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Black Pheasant :)

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I put one in the pond and had the whole flock coming back in circles to see why he was in the water.

Clean McDonalds bags and French Fry containers in the decoy spread make them hungry. I swear they understand the golden arches means meal time.

DuxDawg, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How to eat crow?
    Where's chell.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

[lolol]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7