How to go about selling/shipping one of my AR15's

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Blackjack, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I was thinking about selling my DPMS AR15. If somebody outside my area wants it, how would I go about shipping it (do I have to go through a dealer)? And what kind of cost is involved?

For that matter (I'm terrible when it comes to selling stuff) what do you think a fair asking price for it would be. dpms ar15 a2 (the 20" bbl classic model), retails for about 900, light usage, like new condition (about 3 yrs old), throwing in a 10 and a 30 rd mags.

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You do not have to ship from a dealer, but you must ship to a dealer. There are some state laws that supersede this, and you should check them. In Texas IIRC you can ship straight to an individual, I still wouldn't do this myself though.

So, make sure the rifle is legal to where ever you sell it and if you include mags besure to check the list of hi-cap restrictive states. Tapco has a restriction on all hicap mags that is a handy reference. Other than that good luck.

Price wise I would guess...$600-700ish sight un-seen.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[ditto] If you are shipping out of state it must go through a FFL. I agree with Mags on the price.

Think about keeping it, no doubt it would make for a good backup. Not to mention that if scoped that 20 inch barrel makes a nice prarie dog/MZB shooter from longer range. [touchdown]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7