How to make a Rabbit Fur Hat from Scratch

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by velacreations, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Collared or not, chase my songbirds and a 177 will find you. (Crows gotta eat, too)

oldawg and VisuTrac like this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Really appreciate the instructions there! My granddad used that tanning method but he's been buried twenty plus years now and no one in the family had any clue exactly what all he used beyond the battery acid. Finally, I have a mixture! :)

As for the haters, clearly they are lacking protein in their diet. Might suggest they go eat a chicken leg or something, settle down a bit. :D

oldawg likes this.
  3. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Question what do you do with the tanning solutions onces your done? and I take it the battery acid from the auto parts store or is there a better source for this.

CATO likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Old dead batteries....

5. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

These instructions are great! I wish I knew someone who was willing to sepperate themselves from their pet rabbit (or two, or three) with a white pelt. That would be a great hood liner and wind stopping front edge for my winter skiing parka. Fur lined mittens. I could go on and on...

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Give @Falcon15 a PM, and ask him for a pelt, next time he butchers some rabbits.... He is a Rabbit Man.....

gunbunny likes this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7