How to stop a truck

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jul 15, 2016.

?
  1. Shoot fewer well placed larger rounds and hopefully K.O. the engine or driver?

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. Throw boxes of smaller bullets, hope one finds something the driver cant live with out?

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can get 50bmg primers a lot easier than I can get small rifle primers.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If the structure has steel I beams hidden in the from facing wall buried in the ground sufficiently not much can get through that.
    So far as an event in public, there is no sure way of anticipating such an event in it's entirety.
    As time passes and this kind of thing becomes more common it is likely that armament might be implemented to insure success of the driver. "The Gauntlet"

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's when you want a P90

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    concrete balls and bollards.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They call their store target. They have balls.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The world has just gone mad.
    And just like that vehicle threats are common.

Another possible vehicle threat.

Inspired by this one that happened the other day.

Hey if youall want to do this, let's go.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

White left wing commie intentionally runs over and kills Hispanic conservative.
    He was probably enraged that this brownish colored teen wasn't about to spend most if not all of his life blindly voting democrat.

8. kven

kven On Hiatus Banned

the only real answer is to shoot the driver in the head. This is feasibly done with a normal CCW pistol. The .50 DE and other silly crud is not useful for anything, actually, even if you could lug it around. You wont have any guns when you're in France, or pretty much any country in the world but the US, folks

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You’re right @kven and welcome to the monkey! Do an intro when you get a chance to let the membership know your interests.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

New scenario:
    People being ran off the road here in the US, in democrat run shit holes of course and robbed.

11. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

That's not going to end well for them on my commute

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

All of a sudden they can speak English when you bring out the police dog....
    Police fire hundreds of rounds at guy trying to run them over with GMC Yukon.

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I knew a retired cop that said they had a method of stopping such situations by herding the suspect to a certain inter section of road and T-bone the vehicle using a car from the impound yard. It works every time.

14. Huntaholic

Huntaholic Monkey

375 H&H shooting a 250gr Barnes solid copper bullet, yeah I can stop a truck. It might still be able to coast into something but I guarantee I can take the engine out.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm thinking the only caliber with a meaning full improvement over 6.5 creed for the money might be 50bmg.
    Yeah there's 264 win mag and it's 800 to 900 shot barrel life for marginal improved ballistics.
    If I'm going to spend like $4 a shot on something like 338lupua why not get the most bang for my $ and just make it a 50.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If aloha snackbars were running people over an rpg7 would put a hurt on them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7