How to stop thieves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This is a good news story about a guy sick of thieves. People get packages stolen off their doorsteps all the time. This guy decided to "even the playing field".

Man creates device to scare package thieves using blanks | Daily Mail Online

I watched the video in the story and it is nice to see them flee. The original article posted a warning:
    (Note: We do not encourage you to do this. Someone could get hurt.)
    Yeah, like the guy that fell as he tried to get away.
    https://jalopnik.com/jeep-owner-builds-elaborate-shotgun-shell-exploding-con-1790146826

Seepalaces and Bandit99 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Be very very careful about such devices, as in some States they have a Set Gun/BoobyTrap Statute...

3. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

This dude isn't much brighter than the slobs who are stealing his stuff. If package theft was that much of a problem, wouldn't having your boxes shipped somewhere else be a lot easier than some Rube Goldberg-ish contraption of questionable legality?

And now that he's broadcast it all over the internet, word will get around that the device makes a lot of noise but is otherwise relatively harmless. It does not count if you know it's coming. The crooks can continue to steal, expect the big boom and brush it off, and still complete the crime.

Massive OPSEC fail.

Seepalaces, Yard Dart and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I love it!

Seepalaces likes this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I use similar devices around my property to alert me to the presence of unwanted visitors. So far I think it's only spooked away a few dogs and the deers.

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

USPS flat rate box full of lead work pretty good.

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Tell me this is not funny

Motomom34, Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

And this is even better

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Personally I like an Amazon box full of used cat litter and/or dog crap.* But, for posterity here is his trap

"He created one of the earliest models trap - using 12-gauge shotgun blanks, fishing line, bricks, a wooden box-like, a small box, aluminum carrying vessel for the blanks, a small plate, and a cardbox box - and has filmed numerous wannabe thieves"

Note that you can get a similar device that uses primers instead of shotgun blanks. Same bang, much cheaper, and maybe a way around a set gun.

[​IMG][​IMG]

* EDIT: Now, exploding cat litter or dog crap could be fun...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  10. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Read the reviews for “Liquid Ass” on Amazon. I bought some two years ago for some pranks and it did not disappoint.

11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

make a huge batch of fudge made from choc. exlax and ship it to yourself and i don't think you will worry about anyone stealing ever again

3M-TA3, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Cruisin Sloth
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. HK_User
  5. Gator 45/70
  6. DKR
  7. Tevin
  8. HK_User
  9. DarkLight
  10. Motomom34
  11. Gopherman
  12. Motomom34