How To Tell Who Is Armed - And How To Hide It When You Are

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Mountainman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Even in ancient Israel they had temple guards just in case. I fully approve as well.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Printing!? Whay it was just an accident officer!

In my state accidental printing or even accidental display is legal.

IF I carried I'd do many things.

Print

Dummy location

Carry twice

Carry in the same place all the time

Always have a back up

Let those you deal with, vendors etc, know you have a CHL. You just might be surprised how your dealings with like minded people become better when they learn they can depend on you in time of need in their store.

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  3. gprod55

gprod55 Monkey+++

Our Church is a country church. As such living in a rural community 20 minutes away from a major city leaves us exposed to multiple problems that can arise. Having a facility large enough to maintain a disaster wharehouse for donations, as well as teams from around the country to stay in our facility while assisting our local communities repair tornado damage. This has created some logistical problems for a church with only 75 active families. Living in this state were allowed to openly carry with a license. (Oklahoma). Although were allowed to openly carry we request that they be covered while attending services. A number of our church members conceal carry. 3 of us attended a program paid for by our church to attend The Inter-Faith Church Security Program put on by Strategos International. Biblical authority for protecting the flock are;

Mathew 10:16 Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

1 Peter 5:8 Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. RESIST HIM!

Nehemiah 4:9 Nevertheless we made our prayer to our God, and because of them we set a watch against them day and night.

Acts 20:28-31 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he brought with his own blood. I know that after I leave, Savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard!

We value the safety of our congregation as well as our families. Our training also involves Medical intervention and Fire safety. Being this far out with the closest emergency services 15 minutes out requires immediate intervention if necessary.
    We are blessed in the fact that God has allowed us to be prepared. God has protected us from Natural and Man made disasteres.
    Because of his protection we are able to bless the community we live in.

4. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

I don't worry about it. I wear a tactical canvas vest often which says "I'm packing" and it gets the message across. I've had more trouble when I tried hard to conceal the weapon. One of my buddies open carries everywhere...

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

In conflict, direct confrontation will lead to engagement and surprise will lead to victory.Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Secrets of Concealed Carry

tacmotusn likes this.
  6. Maxflax

I've heard both sides for decades but I still don't care, either way. So far the great wheel of fate has come up for me every time, obvious carry or deep concealment, whether warning me in advance, or simple miracles. I've even heard a gang banger say "dudes strapped" to his fellow miscreants, but they sure didn't try anything. Consider the Old West where most men open carried.. the trick either way is skill sets, carrying enough gun (if you can actually use it well) situational awareness, determination to draw first and shoot first (and often once the ball is on) rather than being shot, and a healthy dose of angelic intervention

BTW my wife is trying out her new Nano as a BUG and jogging gun (I will be with her with a service size 40 or better) . I don't consider it a suitable primary, if you can carry something bigger

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I tend to think that concealed is better just for the tactical stand point. It also comes down to the individual's abilities, mental state and the environment you are in. There are some places that it is prudent to open carry just to send the message... but you better be ready to pull it when confronted.... if not, put it in the drawer at home and be another [sheep] !!

Lot's of variables to consider how you carry..... including the healthy dose of angelic intervention (I strongly agree)!!

8. Maxflax

Hey, I don't fault any carry method as long as you carry a serious weapon and are responsible. Yous makes yer choices and you takes yer chances

tacmotusn and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7