How Will They Confiscate Your Guns?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Cliven Bundy did well because of where he was located and the news media. Without the publicity how many would have known? "They" won't make that mistake the next time.
    After it is over, they control the press releases.

Georgia_Boy, kellory and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Even more reason for a ham licence.

BTPost likes this.
  3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

The smart thing would be to have a list of friends you call when you are attacked. Radio, phone, etc. get the word out before they shut you down.

Georgia_Boy and Alpha Dog like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

If they can't get the guns out of the hands of a few thousand gang bangers in Chicago how the hell do they think they can come get millions from the millions of us who are better armed. It's liberal fantasy.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Thugs have no option but to fight and they will at every turn...... those legal gun owners are a polite, constitutionally minded lot, and will follow the law much further than the thugs. The bigger question is, when have the .gov rules crossed the line that causes the mass of legal owners to rise up as one..... which is what it will take. Will the 3% be enough....... not sure, but I will stand with them!!!

Taku, 3M-TA3, Georgia_Boy and 5 others like this.
  6. kellory

They take them, one at a time, by warrant, and legality, by changing your status from sane to insane, wife beater, or felon, by limits on size, and numbers of bullets. Remember the celecko (sp?)100 or the 900? The ban put them out of business. Each fired 100 bullets in a top loading quick release rotary mag. I wanted one for an alley cleaner. (I was living in the middle of gang territory). It came as a pistol, a rifle, a folding skeletal rifle, wood stocks, and in .22lr, and 9mm.
    They kill off gun companies by shutting down their line of credits, restricting how and where they can be sold, making requirements that make them too expensive to produce like micro stamping. They try to tie your gun ownership to your insurance rates, and your home owner coverage. They try the backdoor approach of asking your kids to inform on you about your guns, and your doctor, and claim that anyone who has EVER discussed mental issues with a doctor is unfit to own a gun.
    They will not come through the front door, unless you are already in violation of some law, and then it will be by overwhelming force, or by stealth while you are elsewhere.
    Even when you are found innocent of wrong doing, you will not get your guns back without a fight, they be held for the duration of all the appeals, and hope you hemmorage enough money to give up the fight. Many folks are still trying to get their guns back. Some were destroyed by "accident" while being held. Mixed up with guns scheduled to be destroyed. You'll get a cash payout back but no gun.
    They will not pry it from your cold dead fingers, they'll pry it from your wallet.

7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

If truth in advertising were to be enforced on politicians, their campaign slogans would be "BOHICA"

8. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Well?? doing my best Reagan/Wayne. They wont be taking anything from me EVER.

Georgia_Boy likes this.
  9. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

It will likely start like Australia with buy backs and registration.
    Later they will cross reference the form 4473's and start visiting folks asking where the guns are.

Have no doubt this is what they want and dream about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Australia’s 1996 Gun Confiscation Didn’t Work – And it Wouldn’t Work in America, by Mark Antonio Wright, National Review
    "No licences for self-defense are allowed under these laws."
    Gun laws in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Australia had buyback schemes in 1996 and 2003. Both schemes were compulsory, and involved compensation paid to owners of firearms made illegal by gun law changes and surrendered to the government. Bought back firearms were destroyed.

The 1996 "National Firearms Buyback Scheme" took 660,959 firearms out of private hands[2] comprising long guns, mostly semi-automatic rimfire rifles and shotguns as well as pump-action shotguns, and a smaller proportion of higher powered or military type semi-automatic rifles. Because the Australian Constitution requires the Commonwealth to pay "just compensation" for private property it takes over, the Government increased the Medicare levy from 1.5% to 1.7% of income for one year to finance the buyback scheme. The buyback was expected to cost A$500 million.[3] The payments from the Commonwealth were conditional on the States and Territories introducing firearms laws and regulations consistent with the National Firearms Agreement, though some inconsistencies remain. No licences for self-defense are allowed under these laws.

The 2003 handgun buyback resulted in about 50,000 licensed target pistols being bought back. New handgun laws made illegal target pistols of greater than .38 calibre and handguns with barrels less than 120mm (semi-automatic) or 100mm (revolvers) such as pocket pistols. As a result of consultation with Australian peak sporting groups an exception was granted for pistols greater than .38 calibre used for Handgun Metallic Silhouette and Western Action competitions, but not for the popular sport of IPSC.[4]

3M-TA3 and Georgia_Boy like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Governments always want to pretend that the people will be safer without guns reassuring them of the fantasy that law enforcement and written law will protect them. It is the biggest lie ever told a civilized population. It is about control and power over people, nothing less, and if you don't get it; then you are a lost cause and the crux of the problem.

I will die on my feet before I will live on my knees!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    3M-TA3, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  11. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Over 90 million gun owners in the Us. 3% is more then they can deal with.

Ganado and Mountainman like this.
  12. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Kingfish I think 90 mil is an understatement. I go into peoples home all the time and search them. Looking for the thief that broke in or the prowler they thought was there,and see what they have. From their sexually proclivities to the guns they don't have. The gov has no idea how many people who don't have guns forget about grandpa's 22 or old shotgun that is under the bed.

Alpha Dog, Yard Dart, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Some firearms have a pedigree and others don't.

oldawg likes this.
  14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

The time is upon us with Obama’s coming Executive Action on Gun Control, whatever it may be. 2.7 million Armed Men marching peacefully on Washington will get their attention. 2.7 million Men calling their congressmen every day demanding his impeachment will get their attention. 2.7 million Men protesting in the streets will get their attention. 2.7 million Men bitching on the internet will do nothing.

15. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Obama signed an executive order to ban green tip ammo .

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Didn't they drop that one back in march?

17. kellory

Nail polish is cheap.

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

X2 and a lot of sites are selling it.

19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I bought a pile of it last week.

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

How will they confiscate guns? Simply set up collection points and wait for people to bring them in. I remember a talk by Mark Koernke in the 90's. He said "Don't ever fool yourselves, if they declared guns illegal tomorrow, and anyone possessing one would go to prison, then 9 out of 10 people would turn theirs in immediately, immediately." I think he was right then and still right today. This vaunted 3% is a fantasy. Maybe there were 3% willing to fight in the colonial war but not today. I saw the same thing during the Clintonista purge of the patriot movement in the late 90's. After a few high level leaders were arrested or killed, patriots and militia members by the thousands disappeared like a morning fog. They too had vowed to fight for freedom to the death!!". But when it came to going to jail for just standing up for freedom they burned their uniforms and slunk away in the dark.
    No don't ever fool yourselves, it is easy to talk tough but when it comes down to facing real life repercussions for not obeying the authorities, 99% of people will kowtow and bow down to the powers that be. And the other 1% will not last long.

Sapper John, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Matei
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. hot diggity
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Dont
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Oddcaliber
  12. Yard Dart