How Will They Confiscate Your Guns?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

If only 1% of America will stand up for the Bill of Rights; we do not deserve to be Americans.

2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

If only 1% of America will so easily give up their unalienable rights, they get the police state they deserve. I for one will die on my feet as a free man rather than live on my knees like a slave.

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@chimo
    When a person joins the military, they swear an oath. When they ETS, no one relieves them of that oath.

Sapper John likes this.
  4. chimo

That oath is taken by more than just military...I have taken it 3 or 4 times myself...but I fail to see WTF is has to do with what I wrote.

If people ain't gonna defend the unalienable rights they were born with, the Constitution isn't worth the paper it is written on and they get what they freakin deserve.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Those who take an oath are bound by that oath even if it means they die upholding it. Did that help clarify it?

6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

nobody is ever bound by any oath except by themselves, and politicians demonstrably violate theirs all the time. People who DON'T violate their oaths aren't in the news.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It's going to come down to a personal choice.
    Abide with new rules
    Fight with your guns and kill some until they bring more and then you get killed
    Fight via the legislative process, vote for firearm friendly representatives.
    Fake it and Squirrel some away in hopes there is a better time to fight.
    Or take any other pathway you see fit.

I prefer to Address emotional divisive issues with fact based information. Remove emotion from the disagreement. But I will tell you, that even presenting facts doesn't sway the most ardent supporter/detractor. It takes numerous exchanges to get the other side to even contemplate what you are trying to say. Sometimes they may never hear you and they are lost in the din of their own drumbeat.

When ever legislative/executive actions are taken based on emotion, the only thing that happens is, the free man/woman is less free and will never get it back.

Tully Mars, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

If the Gun Control Act of 2015 had been the Gun Control Act of 2010 it would be law right now. The only way to Preserve the 2nd Amendment is to activity campaign and support Pro 2nd Amendment Candidates. Donating and volunteering your time may not be a dramatic as a shoot-out with the Feds, but you and this nation will survive a lot longer. Sooner or later they will be the majority again and have a like minded President in the Whitehouse.

Sapper John likes this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is MORE than "Personal Choice".... It is Ones "Word" and indicates their "Personal Integrity" do you stand by your "Word"... is your "Word" your Bond.... It would seems these days, that MANY, do NOT subscribe to this kind of Morality.... I, for ONE, Do subscribe to this Morality, and even though I have never been in the .MIL, I did take that Oath, When I was Appointed to be a Federal Agent.... and was Sworn In, by the Commanding Admiral of USCG District 17....

10. secondrecon

secondrecon Monkey+++

From my past experience with most of the American public , when the boogey man comes knocking they will fold in to little balls and give them what they want . I also took that same Oath more than ounce . But it does not mean what it used to . I will defend what is mine to my death or better yet theirs. This country has become a shit hole and I have to still deal with these pukes every day . Like I said when and if the time comes they will not stand up . Chimo I agree with you , it seams that we have walked the same walk but at different times . well anyway Keep a tight 360 and Semper Fi

Mountainman likes this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Politicians do not keep their oath. To them, it was a matter of convenience, a requirement to fill their pockets. As my father would say politicians, you know they are lying when their lips are moving.

True, when one swears an oath, whether they mean it or not, all depends on them. I may have been an naive idiot; however, when I swore my oath, I took it very serious and still do. Honor is what separates some from others.

Some who keep their oath are in the news: About - Oath Keepers

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  12. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

It is not merely taking an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies that will protect our freedoms.. It is the responsibility of EVERY American to protect the Constitution.. And it all depends on the HONOUR of those Americans.. Those that state that they will protect the Constitution are publicly placing their personal honour on the line.. For most of us , the weight of their words are only known by those in their community and themselves..

Consider the full consequences of keeping your word in defending the Constitution.. Most would be willing to give up their lives to honor their word, yet, are they willing to give up the lives of their family as well? Others have made that choice and have paid dearly for giving their word in support of the quest for freedom.. It is my belief that everyone of us will be faced with that paradox and we all, as preppers, need to guarantee the safety of our loved ones as well as we are able..

History, Encyclopedias & Dictionaries - Lives Of The Signers | Survival Forums

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and Mountainman like this.
  13. chimo

Americans can't even "rise up" to throw most incumbents out of office...what makes anyone think they will do something a bit harder...like becoming a wanted outlaw due to active resistance of one form or another?

Oath Keepers? Been there, done that, Stewey is as much of a control freak as any politician. Basically started tell us who were already well into organizing our AOs in this area that we had to do it his way or the doorway. Almost to a man we chose the doorway...we don't need some fed suit inside the beltway telling us how to organize and operate in our community, and we don't need a self-appointed suit in Montana doing so either. I love working with OK, but as equals, not like they are the officers & gentlemen while we are mere snuffies taking orders from them.

No folks, like politics, all resistance is local. Some leader or lead organization isn't going to automagically appear with a call to arms...and if they do it will probably be a honey pot for the Feds. Nope, it has to start just as it did in the 1760s...locally, with local groups like the Sons of Liberty organizing and attempting to gain control of their local and county politics...then communicating and coordinating with like-minded/organized communities within their states and selecting leaders from within. If we can take back the local politics, we can take back the counties, then the states...and then may have the strength, numbers and organization to reign in the feds...either within our current system as outlined in the Constitution or by invoking our founding principles as outlined in the Declaration of Independence.

My point is that it must start locally...it must start with us...if we wait for someone else to lead, we will be waiting a long time. Are you with me...are you willing to take a local leadership role and begin to actively take back our towns and counties, then our states and then our country?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Mountainman and Tully Mars like this.
  14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

A friend of ours up in Virginia is saying the same things about Oath Keepers @chimo. It appears that OK is not what it started out as sadly. I don't know as I've never been part of that group, but our friend was very involved with them and no longer is as a result of the control issues.

15. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

well it's an impossible thing to do. We've been violating it longer than I've been alive. The system I inherited was already in violation when I became aware enough to participate. So what am I to do? I can't get my predecessors to fix what they inherited, and the system prevents me from fixing it myself because it's gone on too long. It would take a revolution to return to Constitutional government, which would make me a "traitor" to the new system. I have no recourse to defend the Constitution. It was dead before I got here.
    The only thing I can actually do is try to keep it from getting worse, and maybe occasionally take a step toward compliance. I can not possibly enforce the words as they are, I can only try to get us closer / try to keep us from getting farther away.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  16. Dont

As long as the .gov pay's lip service to the Constitution, it is not dead.. As long as many of us draws breath, it is not dead.. We can support those around us that seek a return to a Constitutional form of gov.. We can educate those around us as to the true nature of the Constitution.. We also need to identify what has been done to change our Constitution and correct what needs correcting..

You are reading this right now.. How many other people will you interact with in the course of a day?? Of all those interactions how often does the actions of the gov come up?? Educate others!!

Revolution? May take that to correct things, or make it worse.. The first shots of our revolution where fired during an attempt to confiscate arms and ammunition.. Gun control was what sent out the call for the militia to step forwards with arms in hand to defend the rights they had under colonial America.. Those first shots fired echo today in the second amendment, and THAT is the true meaning of the second amendment.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  17. chimo

Those first shots were fired by members of a community who were already organized and training. The resistance to British tyranny had begun over a decade before those first shots were fired...who today is laying that groundwork? We need to do more than educate...we need to organize, recruit, train, plan and act. If not us, then who?

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I went thru the original Kommifonia assault weapons registration. They thought there was 300,000 assault weapons in the state not near that number got registered. My guess is that there were that many unregistered machine guns in the state. So I don't think people will turn them in when they try to make them illegal.

19. Dont

More importantly those men that stood up when called had the support of their community.. Without that sort of support any act to organize a community group such as theirs will fail.. Thus, the educating those in the community.. All men of the time, oop's, probably, all men knew what their rights where under colonial and British law.. Can we claim the same today? NOT!

Tully Mars likes this.
  20. -06

-06 Monkey+++

There is another way to look at this----instead of them taking our guns I figure they are bringing us theirs--and the ammo they are carrying.

1. 3M-TA3
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Matei
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. hot diggity
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Dont
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Oddcaliber
  12. Yard Dart