how would ya stop the neighbors barking dogs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sec_monkey, Mar 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[tea] [coffee] Monkeys

suppose ya have a neighbor with barking dogs, how would ya stop them?

tanks yall [chopper]

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Depends on the breed & why they are barking...
    & what kinda relationship you have with the neibours

Motomom34, chelloveck and sec_monkey like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

thanks @runswithdogs (y), sorry [dunno] the breed or why they are barking

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Around here, they bark because they want inside after a quick run to do their business in the snow. Around here, the answer is let 'em in, or call the neighbor and wake them up if needed. You can get used to barking, but NOT to ringing phones. (The alternative is an air horn at their window. Yes, I KNOW this.)

5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Took only 3 bottle rockets on 3 separate nights and my neighbors dogs don't carry on for no reason anymore. They bark now I pay attention.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

OUR dogs bark when they need US / ME

They have been taught & disciplined to this .
    Hunting OWLS & the dogs go off twice , know they know NOT bark but let night bird OK . Coons were awake & after we figure it's a coon , Mink , critter , cat or Mountain Lion ,bear , deer , elk , dogs in till Im ready to deal with them (and i hope they have figured what side of the fence they are to stay on , 2 paint dots on them tells me 3 = PB. .
    Coons ,mink ,cat, critters the dogs get to hunt them out .
    Dogs that have owners who let this continue , are told a few times till spot is dealt with .
    I live rural , farmers feed your a$$. You moved here to bring your city ways ?? NAW , Learn up well or You'll see no help .

Every bad storm , we see them & us farmers are shaking our heads .

So Barking dogs are dealt with , stray cats are shot , running dogs shot also .
    Running dogs are dogs that run deer to death & eat the hearts , they have blood marks all over & smell from dead dried blood. .

I know the truth hurts .
    Sloth

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Yard Dart like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Dogs that chase horses or cattle get put down quick....or get kicked in the head and learn fast....your choice.

Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am in whine country so we get a lot of noise day and night from whineries music to coyotes and other farm animals .I just turn up the sound on my own entertainment. ( the coyotes I don't really mind ) I call wineries "whineries" because they have no respect for those that live in the area . Yes the neighbors have dogs , and they bark for a reason sometimes even at me (because they want treats ) .
    So dogs barking here I don't object to, however what might cause them to bark I might investigate .

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Got a neighbor dog across the road that barks all night. Would like to shut him up, but I've learned to tune him out. He really gets going when the mated pair of owls get to hooting.

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This is what I tolerate everyday, every night. The people behind us have 3 dogs and a puppy. They never stop. I like sleeping with my window open but I can't. The neighbors just ignore their barking dogs. I don't know how they can ignore it but they do. I think it is rude that they do not consider their neighbors.

The people across the street got two new dogs about 6 months ago. Those dogs were barking all the time also then the owners put fabric on their fence so the dogs can't see outside the fence real well. This helps because the young dogs are not noticing everyone who is in their yards or driving by.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  11. Put diphenbachia juice in their water. Paralyzes the vocal folds for a while.

Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Talk to the owners, should always be your first port of call. My boy barks, generally for a reason. I manage him. Someone else comes to try and manage him then they will have to adjust to managing me.

Motomom34, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  13. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Agreed. Let the owner know, if possible. Maybe complain to the local law dawgs.

I suppose you could get a high decibel ultrasound device and deafen or disorient the mutts. I’m sure I have seen those for pest control.

If you could make a noise activated one that would be sweet. Every time they bark they get a blast.

Motomom34 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

In the country, if my dog barked, there was a reason. I let her outside, and took a shotgun with me as her backup.

While living in the city, the next door neighbor was renting rooms out. A couple moved in, the guy goes to work at 4am and ties his dog outside, literally 3 feet from my bedroom window. Dog starts barking and will not shut up. I gave it a few days to get accustomed to new surroundings, then had a friendly chat with the neighbors. No results.

My next chat was with the police. Again, no results. Another friendly chat with the neighbors went something like this "Your dog is going to stop barking early in the morning. You have a choice, either you can make him stop, or I will make him stop. It will be much easier on the dog if you make him stop, but it makes no difference to me. " They asked "What are you going to do about it? " I pulled out the USMC KaBar my brother gave me, and told them "I'll cut his throat right now!" They moved the next day.

15. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

If you are the owner a citronella collar work well, silent and totally harmless to the pooch.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

There are a few different sonic silencers available. Search youtube for some DIY videos on building your own. Projects like this are the kind I love. You learn some useful skills and it's just fun to solve a problem.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Zimmy like this.
  17. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Record it and playback LOUD, at night as you go out :) rob them of there sleep,as the enjoy there dog barking.

Motomom34 and 3cyl like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

take away their "Barking" permit....

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

so i have a brother who is an electronics nerd.... and he had a neighbor in college who came in from parting nightly at 4 am disrupting his sleep My brother and his roomate and the guy on the other side of the party animal, set up these HUGE speakers on either side of the guy's room and when he came in at 4am the ran a Monster truck recording and woke the guy up. They did this for 3-or 4 weekends and the guy decided he needed to quit drinking cuz he was waking up thinking a truck had run over him.

Creative sound when the dogs bark might be useful. just an idea

Motomom34 and Zimmy like this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I want to proudly admit that I have not called animal control. It would be so easy and they would get a ticket etc.. but I refuse to do that. The neighbors have caught me yelling at their dogs to be quiet. Sadly, they never trained them to listen to a stern voice command. It is the owners fault not the dogs. That is the issue, the owners will take it out on the dogs so anything I do, I do not want the dogs to be abused.

Ganado and sec_monkey like this.
  1. Cruisin Sloth
  2. TnAndy
  3. AxesAreBetter
  4. DKR
  5. HK_User
  6. Bishop
    Thread

best dog.

I swear I have the best dog ever. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jun 6, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: General Discussion
  7. AxesAreBetter