How would you build your future home to withstand anything?

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by JeepDude, May 24, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah HA!! Again with the "so easy to snipe you, burn you out." Another re-run. ;)

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Yep, he knows a lot about building a very impenetrable building and survival canning, dehydrating, etc. Learned it all from his boyfriend, Bubba.
    newgunkid.
    Go play in your tactical wheelbarrow, John.
    10413-wheel-barrow-man-san-cristobal-mexico.

Pyrrhus likes this.
  3. I'm reading older threads, I did not see any mention of

Which may be a near perfect answer for many given they have the right land. Not for the green but for the economy and with planning the security options.

4. Ken_C

Ken_C Monkey

just read through this thread and didn't see any mention of this guys place. if money were no object this is definitely the route i would go. I think i would skip the skylight domes at the top of every dome for security reasons. i would also get pex tube heating in the slabs and heat with a wood boiler and ventilate with one of those whole house energy recovery ventilators. I like the idea of having a 12 volt electrical system along side of the standard 115v ac wiring. yes it will totally more than double your wiring costs. good luck with your build. have you looked at those under ground tank type shelters? they look pretty cool if ya got the money.

as for weaponry I think i would have at least 1 .22 cal rifle theyre perfect for small game and small annoyances. the gun and ammo are super cheap. you can store a ton of ammo at little cost. for bigger projects and or annoyances something in the 308 or 30-06 range. probably semi auto, magazine fed. with a decent scope. even in a zombie apocalypse i think that full auto is a waste of ammo that might be scarce in such a situation. you only need to hit your target once in the right place to get your message across loud and clear. as far as a sidearm i personally am partial to 1911 style autos. like .45 or 10mm im sure there will be a whole slew differing opinions. firearms are a very personal choice.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7