Howzit from South Africa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by meduseld, Nov 17, 2014.

1. meduseld

meduseld Monkey

Howzit Everyone,

I am a South African white male in my forties, with children. I am not a natural prepper, I don't worry about most potential SHTF scenarios, and don't spend much time fearing TEOTWAWKI; I am here because I have recently become convinced of the reasonable likelihood of one specific threat only, namely race-based civil insurrection in South Africa. I won't bore you with my reason, let it suffice to say that month-by-month our country seems to slip closer to a condition in which civil war might be instigated by the un-people (uneducated, unemployed, 'ungry, and unhappy) against those who are often made out to be the cause of our country's woes - i.e. whites. This is not race-based hatred, it is politics. White privilege is often quoted by our government. I didn't invent the pretext. End of story.

For that reason, I am slowly learning about prepping, attempting to find the money to start prepping, and am saving up to do some survival courses, as the last ones I did were in the army.

So, I'd like to meet like-minded South Africans here, if there are any, and perhaps forge a few friendships so that I am not quite so alone the day that we wake up to discover that 20,000,000 hungry people are fed up and want to dispose of me so that they can get to my larder.

That's my story; is there anything else you'd like to know about me?

Would like very much to hear from any-and-all South Africans.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Motomom34 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Played rugby with a couple of south africans, good people, tough people. Good luck to you bro.

3. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

Welcome to the Monkey Tree -- deep knowledge and kind-civil people.

4. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Welcome brother

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have neighbors from Guiana. Good folks, yet strange ways.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome here!!

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Welcome. The South African I knew was a hard working decent man. Taught me all about Rooibos tea and health benefits of it.

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[​IMG]

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7