1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

HP Compaq Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jonson004, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jonson004

jonson004 Monkey+++

I figured the kids could use a HP Compaq Tablet PC in their room - looks like a good deal http://www.yesitisfree.com/index.php?id=comp8 Seems
    worthwhile if they will actually ship a HP Compaq Tablet PC - anyone else done this before?
  2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

No. I am always concerned with free and my privacy. What kind of information did you have to give up?
  3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

More than likely a scam, or something very close to it. I noticed to get the "free" whatever you "must complete the sponsors offer".

Nothing is free in this world, somebody has to make a buck off of it. Spend a little money and go with a known vendor, possibly find a refurbed unit. I'm currently looking for a PC as mine at home appears to have suffered a hardware failure and no longer gets past the bios screen for booting up. Oh happy happy joy joy!
  4. zarraza

zarraza Survivalist in training

i didn't go to the site, but i know i tried for free ipods and such - some things require you to sign up for, and others you have to pay for services like direcTV and such - they get paid by referral fees, and then they hook you up with your goods - sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't - but after i got sucked in with my personal info, i had to back out, i lived in an apartment and couldn't install a direcTV and the other services just didn't fit my lifestyle - i say steer clear, if you want something "cheap" go to ebay!
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary