HP Compaq Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jonson004, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jonson004

jonson004 Monkey+++

I figured the kids could use a HP Compaq Tablet PC in their room - looks like a good deal http://www.yesitisfree.com/index.php?id=comp8 Seems
    worthwhile if they will actually ship a HP Compaq Tablet PC - anyone else done this before?

2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

No. I am always concerned with free and my privacy. What kind of information did you have to give up?

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

More than likely a scam, or something very close to it. I noticed to get the "free" whatever you "must complete the sponsors offer".

Nothing is free in this world, somebody has to make a buck off of it. Spend a little money and go with a known vendor, possibly find a refurbed unit. I'm currently looking for a PC as mine at home appears to have suffered a hardware failure and no longer gets past the bios screen for booting up. Oh happy happy joy joy!

4. zarraza

zarraza Survivalist in training

i didn't go to the site, but i know i tried for free ipods and such - some things require you to sign up for, and others you have to pay for services like direcTV and such - they get paid by referral fees, and then they hook you up with your goods - sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't - but after i got sucked in with my personal info, i had to back out, i lived in an apartment and couldn't install a direcTV and the other services just didn't fit my lifestyle - i say steer clear, if you want something "cheap" go to ebay!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7