Hum, hey, hello from out behind the barn, in the weeds and watching

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elessar, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Just checking in and trying to learn new stuff. I've been searching around the internet, looking for the best place to park my electronic presence and this place looks promising. I'm new to prepping but not to surviving. I've been enthralled with all things survivalist for as long as I can remember.

Now, the conditions have rippened, or degraded, or grown just plain foul so I've decided that remaining a passive or submissive mode has gone on far too long. It's time to quietly gather resources and wits and prepare for real survival.

I look forward to learning something new each day, and I look forward to finding new resources available here, as well as contribution my limited knowledge, however twisted or outlandish, to contribute to this electronic community.

(note: my opsec spidey sense has prevented me from being more specific about myself, my actual location until I feel more comfortable about you. hope you understand.)

chelloveck, tulianr, kellory and 3 others like this.
  2. Beano

Beano Monkey

Welcome. I'm somewhat new here, myself, althought the smell is slowly wearing off.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ve haff veys to find you. [lolol] That said, welcome aboard. We do understand OPSEC rather well.

There are resources galore on this site to learn from, and opportunities to teach. Dig in, enjoy, and don't let the tinfoil squeeze your brain.

When you are comfortable with us, change your profile to show your location. In the meantime, there are the regional threads you can look into for like minded folks in your area.
    [welcomeLG]

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!! I hope you were wearing a ghillie suit in them there weeds. [peep]

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Tree... Pick out a branch and have a look around... Lots of Good Folks here, and even a few with Tinfoil Hats... This Site is very different, from others around the Net... So feel free to seek out the information from our Extensive Knowledge Base...

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Welcome to the Monkey Tree! We got a pretty good search engine and tons of info archived. If you can't find the info you are looking for try asking at the shoutbox. Heck people here are all the time telling me where to go......:oops:

Tracy likes this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

welcome to the tree... I won't ask who is out behind the barn with you,,,,

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Best learning place on the web. A great group of people with vast knowledge that will answer any question. Welcome!

10. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Welcome to the monkey .. lots of great people here and they can cover any basis u need ....
    Some people are genisouses{really smart}

PS: dont miss spell ANYTHING...

11. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

You have landed in the right place!!!! There are good peolple on here, who are wise and experienced and will help you out with any questions & get you on the right track to where you need to go. The tree has been invaluable to me. [welcomeLG]

12. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Some of the most fun happens behind the barn..... welcome to the tree.

13. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

@Elessar , welcome !
    I thought I felt someone watching ....[tongue]

524384_403806262984275_130810663617171_1299686_1651826293_n.

14. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

kellory and tacmotusn like this.
  15. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Ooooh, it's so nice here. I believe I'll stay a while. Thanx!

16. Nightowl

Nightowl Monkey

Welcome from Bama....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7