Hunt...

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Hanzo, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Is there not a large hole 8 foot or so in diameter on the tidal flat to the right of shark cove at low tide, that is a tunnel to ocean. it goes down 40 ft or so then goes horizontal for about 80 ft or so until you come to an opening about 12 to 15 ft in diameter on a shear lava rock face. I am a little foggy mentally on the location but believe it was shark cove. My 2nd Ocean dive when taking scuba lessons was there. When our little band of 14 divers got to the large open ocean opening there was a huge hammerhead patrolling immediately in front of the opening. we all got jammed up and stopped maybe 20 to 25 foot from this opening before we turned back and departed the way we had come. IT WAS A HUUUUUGE FREAKIN HAMMERHEAD !!! It was longer than the opening was wide.

Bandit99, Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You can run with the bulls...
    [​IMG]

Jump Motorcycles...

[​IMG]

And swim with Sharks. Sooner or later, Karma catches up with everyone.....

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like Shark’s Cove. In Pohnpei, I was going to Nan Madol with a couple of locals in their 10’ skiff. As we were making our way through the channels to get to open water, I was running my hand in the water of this cove their. The water was warmer than I would bathe in. When I remarked on that, they told me that was the cove the 22’ hammerhead lives in. My hand immediately left the water and I realized the shark was way bigger than our boat. That journey was quite the adventure...

Bandit99 and tacmotusn like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

SB21, Dunerunner, Mountainman and 4 others like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Conversely, men often die before women... because they want to.

So I’ve heard...

SB21, Alf60, Mountainman and 3 others like this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

That's a big boy or girl I used to shark fish for a living was not much of a living but payed bills caught some big sharks but when you pull in a bull shark head that came off of a shark 9 to 10 foot long and it been bit off behind the head in one bite it's a big tiger or bull shark

Hanzo and Ganado like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The diver is a mere appetizer...

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  9. ochit

ochit Monkey+

All any of these people are doing is tempting fate, rather dumb. If your job or hobby places you in dangers way that is another thing, I rate many of these as facebook or selfie hero's. People that raise cattle or horses milk snakes for antivenin and all the other dangerous jobs usually don't place themselves in unnecessary danger except for money or fame maybe to bolster their business stature.

People that live a dangerous lifestyle rarely consider it, it's just something they do for a living or have done all their life.

SB21 and Hanzo like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And have trained for it. Life expectancy for the untrained is, ah, not long.

Hanzo likes this.
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You're right, Hanzo.
    The guy is cuckoo!

Hanzo likes this.
  12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have an unnatural fear of sharks, they just give me the eby-geebies!!! Can’t explain it except that I watched Jaws when I was too young LOL. Now I have spent lots of time on and about rivers chock full of large estuarine crocodiles and I don’t give it more than a passing though !! When last in Africa I was traveling up the Zambezi in a 14foot boat (low to the water) and loving it. Put me in the ocean and tell me there was a 4.5m shark close by and I would have been crapping myself. See the same sized croc (arguably more dangerous to the boat and me) and I was quite happy. The psychie is a strange beast !!!

Dont, Hanzo and Ganado like this.
  13. ochit

ochit Monkey+

got that right

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7