Hunting camp wont be the same anymore :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]
    all hooked up and ready to roll.

2. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Looks exactly like my truck.

Jim

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Now that is just way too much comfort--lol. Don't guess I can say anything--keep the little R/V loaded all the time. It goes hunting lots. Getting lazy in my older age. Sure is nice to roll a window down a bit to take a bead on bambi instead of freezing your tail off in a tree stand--lol.

Quigley_Sharps and kellory like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When I was a kid, and learning to hunt, my GodFather had QuarterSection Farm with a cabin, that had an Apple Orchard out front of the Deck/Porch. We would just shake a few Apples out of the trees, at noon, and quietly sit on the porch, and wait for dusk. Then pick out the buck, that we wanted, eating the apples, and harvest it, with a single shot. It is kind of like Spring Black Bear Hunting here. It you bring your Chase Lounge and Beer Cooler/Goodie Bag and set up on the north end of "The Road, Airplanes land on" about 3 Pm, and relax with a cool One, and a sandwich, then wait for the Bears to come out and start munching the Dandelions. Then just pick out the animal you want to harvest, and "put the sneak on him/ her", and harvest with a single shot. No hauling are scrambling, just load it up in the pickup and drive home. That is hunting, My way...... YMMV....

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Just plowed the garden this week before planting and saw the largest set of tracks I have ever seen. Will be checking out the NV shortly. Will wait till antlers appear this fall--that boy is going to look good on the mantle.

Yard Dart, BTPost and kellory like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Congrats QS!!

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Very Nice QS!!!

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Looks nice and comfy, Q. Enjoy!!

10. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks nice, congrats on the portable home :) !

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have ours packed for the gathering this weekend. Getting soft "me tinks"--lol.

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

mmmm soft yes...haha, but probably more prudent than in our youth... we are headed to an RV show on Saturday to "look around" :eek:
    Though I am content with a tent and a good camp set up... the Mrs. wants to have a more "suitable" living arrangement in the wild......
    Do you think they would take her on trade for a nice trailer.....:D

oldawg, Tracy and Quigley_Sharps like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7