Hypothetical scenario: Nuclear war begins today... what do you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GhostX, Oct 8, 2016.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If God chose to preserve me through such an event, I think I would be honored.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

In my current AO survive as long as I can to help my loved ones survive as long as they can while bring as much comfort as possible. Survival would likely only be a matter of hours possibly days if I /we survived the initial blast.

Kim Chow Down backing down a bit has me more optimistic of not having a nuclear war, at least here. I think you will see it between India and Pakistan first if ever.

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. News at noon just showed leaders of both Koreas holding hands and walking both ways across the armistice line and talking about signing treaties to END the Korean war?!!!? Will it happen? What happened?

Motomom34, Zimmy and Brokor like this.
  4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Not likely I'll be getting out of the city on time. I'll mix the captain & coca-cola, kick back, and pet the cat.

Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Get some nukes and make a deal to find out. ;)
    As long as humanity exists, there will be war.

Dont likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The fat boy's test mountain has collapsed and he has to make nice so the rest of the world will reward him. Once suitably rewarded, he'll dig another hole and go back to testing. Bets?

Oddcaliber, Brokor and Zimmy like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

If I'm home I should be ok. I'll call the kids and tell them to load up and take back roads over here.

If I'm at work I'll take one of my predetermined routes towards the south with due haste. 3 miles and I should be beyond the blast wave of a tsar bomba. I doubt it will be that big.

8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I'm at ground zero that big divot used to be me even the dirt I own would be vaporized. Got a plan, a nice Cigar w/ a few strike anywhere matches in a sealed test tube, a bottle of 151 dark rum, my Hawaiian shirt and Rayban's on a 1911 in case someone wants to bug me out of my zone man.

[​IMG]

Ganado likes this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Depends on who the players are. If its a small guy like Iran or NK then I hunker down and hope for the best. If its the main event where everyone gets involved I plan on bending over,grabbing my ankles and kissing my butt goodbye. We have a potential target for the big boys 25 miles from here.

ochit and Ganado like this.
  10. Unique

Unique Monkey

I can see NORAD from my living room window. I would die

11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I recollect a similar bromance between Adolph and Joseph in 1939. It lasted until Barbarossa in 1941. I wouldn't put much stock in DMZ photo opportunities....doubly so if the headlines say "Peace in our time". :eek:

12. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I am far enough away from targets or potential targets that I should be able score the smoke and get a couple friends in for that last BBQ and toasting with 20 year old scotch.. Prevaling winds will definitly drop some radioactive particulate on my AO.. Due west is the Peuget sound. South West is Commiefornia.. But then we do live with an old nuke processing site that has an occasional leakage issue.

13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Hunker in the bunker and watch Godzilla movies!

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Homer Simpson likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hitchcock4