I am a bad person. Really.

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by JrOrtiz, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Man, Not the snipe hunt....

SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

I have to say I am envious of you guys that were in the military. Honestly I was scared to be broken in boot camp. Dont know why, maybe emotional immaturity. It is a regret that can never be fixed, one item in a list you compile as you age.

I'm envious not of the weapons training or other martial skills, obviously not of the combat experience, but of the chance to measure yourself against your peers in stressful situations. The opportunities to push yourselves with expert support to guide and teach allow you to really test your limits.

So, yes just a snipe hunt but with regrets.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I had a lot of fun, made some life long friends, was scared shitless more times then I care to admit, almost died a few times, did more crazy shit then you could imagine, spent 9 months in the Nato Hospitals in Italy and Germany undergoing multiple surgeries and then recovering before returning to active duty with my team, and I retired after my 20 years!
    I have no regrets, but I also live with the things I have done and seen, the places I have been, and the horrors I experienced! I don't wish any of that on any one, but, there are those who are called to be there, and I'm most proud to count them as my brothers!

Altoidfishfins, JrOrtiz, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

No Regertt's [US_Army]

JrOrtiz, mysterymet and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Yard Dart

None of us were broken in boot.
    We just learned what we thought we were, was less than we could be.
    Most learned great skills and used them in the fire.... some were broken, others did their job and came home.
    Equally, we all are Americans, and did our job.... for better or worse.
    And folks slept peaceful each night, not knowing what we did, to give them that peace. ;)

msscarlet, Capt. Tyree, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[USMC]

No guts ,, no glory ,,

7. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

In my tribe is a PJ. Never knew they existed. He tells the coolest stories, halo jumps, jumping out of planes followed by crates with dirt bikes to secure an airport. When felix Baumgartner made the jump from space my friend could explain it blow by blow. He can jump of a plane, climb up or down a cliff, shoot someone and then patch them up.

Another friend, a marine was an embassy guard. He had traveled all over a world and knows important people.

A family friend and very close person friend was with the Gary owen unit. He got jacked up and is on disability. $2000/month. Not enough for a family with two kids. He was emotionally in a very dark place. His wife told me some of what happened. It was the PJ that hooked him up with a doctor specializing in PTSD and mushrooms. He is better.

It took a long time for them to warm up to another tribal member that never served but did end up as a private contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan. He drove people through the green zone in iraq and guarded an airport in Afghanistan. He made bank, all tax free

I have heard tons of stories, mostly good but sometimes when the alcohol flows I hear shit that makes me cry inside. I watch a grown man weep like a child with his legs and arms drawn in, rocking himself. It jacks me up just thinking about it.

I'm wish I could have helped but I was useless. Its was the other two that knew how to help him deal. I am envious of their ability to help

There are times at my house when the three are talking and I leave the room to them. Superficially I am welcome but the reality is I am a third wheel, an outsider. There is a comrade that I am not a part of and I wish I was.

I have mucho respect. Not a fan boy just respect.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Haha...... I had heard of this one before my buddies tried to pull it on me.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and JrOrtiz like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Actually my GodFather took me and my brother on our first Hunt for Snipes, out on the Washington Coast early on in our FireArms training... I was given his 16 Ga Mossburg Bolt Action Shotty and the Old Man used his Remington Model 11, clone of the Browning Auto 5 12Ga, both weapons I still have in my FFL Inventory,... we We got five birds between us, and my brother was along as the keeper of the shot birds... YES, there really is a Game Bird called a Snipe, contr,ary to Popular Belief...

techsar, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  10. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Had a pesky guy back in high school who wouldn't quit trying to impress me with his amazing (and totally non-existent) knowledge of cars and engines. He saw I was into cars, figured that was his ticket into my pants. I figured sending him on embarrassing trips to the parts store to pick up things for me, like a water pump for an air cooled VW Bug, might drive the hint home since saying "Go away" didn't seem to have any effect. It took him getting laughed out of Auto Zone for asking for a flux capacitor for a '76 Cutlass before he finally went away. :D

oldawg, STANGF150, techsar and 6 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

LOL Snipe hunting is not necessarily a military thing, More like a southern heritage thing.
    Never served btw, Went to join up because at the time I was a bona-fide daft card carrier.
    I was shown the door,
    There are times even the military is not and will not hire you !
    I ended up in the Gulf of Mexico as an essential worker, Oilfield offshore production.
    OCSG. Outer Continental Shelf Government

techsar, Capt. Tyree, JrOrtiz and 3 others like this.
  12. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Never went into the service. Did not like the idea of having someone yelling in my face and being told what to do all the time. Maybe I watched to many military movies as a kid. Did go to school for electronics and worked on ELINT and COMINT systems for 20 years. So I figured I did my part without actually serving.

13. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Seawolf1090, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I can see none of you have ever been JackOlope hunting

Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

JackOlopes weren't native to my AO ,, but we did some snipe hunting.

Ganado likes this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

:D

17. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I need a

Can of Arc starter

Board/pipe stretcher

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  18. Was at a wedding reception once, Daryl Lee and his wife, and I and my girl were taking a walk down the road. We got to talking about pasturing feeders in timber. The subject of hogs eating windfall tree nuts came up. I don't remember who started it but Daryl Lee and I had those city girls convinced hogs would climb the trees to get to the nuts. What ever one guy said the other would back him up.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A Navy classic.....
    "get me thirty feet of waterline!"

ghrit likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Got the div LPO on that, brought him 30 feet of 1" poly hose. He hasn't forgotten ---

techsar likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7