I Am Forever- Baseline

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Yard Dart, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

NRA Freestyle | I Am Forever | Episode 1: "Baseline"

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I'm outa breath just reading this!! [slow]

AD1 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sorry, I only lasted to 2:59 and I regent that I was not faster to stop his dribble.

4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I did a 100 yard dash rush drill twice in 68 seconds firing 20 rounds and got 15 hits on paper plates at various ranges of 100 yards and under. Had to go prone , standing, kneeling . Started at 100 yards standing And Im here to tell you I was very out of breath by the time I put the last 5 rounds on target. The drill goes like this , you choose your starting position and fire 5 rounds then move as fast as you can to get closer using cover and concealment when you here a shot you use the next position for me I went to a knee then prone then back to standing. Getting up from prone after running is tough. At 52 years old when I did it ?? it was excruciating. I am sure I could not match that time today.

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I always carry more than 4 round so I don't have to run....;)

6. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

The fact is if you run then try and shoot you are fighting your heart rate and at times even your vision. Then there is the fear factor or freeze factor. Can you even raise your arms when being fired at? Fear is the greatest enemy of the civilian or civilian soldier. No amount of training at the civilian level can get you ready to face your fear. You can shoot top shelf all day at the range and cower in fear when the first guy starts firing at you. The Military hardens our troops by using live fire drills shooting rounds over their heads and such. It helps them deal with the fear. To fight you must turn fear into resolve. You must have the will to fight or you will run or just cower.

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
  15. Bishop
  16. wideym
  17. OldDude49
  18. survivalmonkey
  19. Yard Dart
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7