I AM NOT MOVING! Occupy Wallstreet Video

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Avarice, Oct 14, 2011.

1. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

My tax money is already supporting enough lazy people. I sure as heck am not going to support any more. A little about me personally just so you know I'm not just a cold hearted person... I started a scholarship in my mother's name at the place she got her AS in nursing from for veterans and or single parents going for their RN degree, I am a volunteer firefighter, my husband and I are currently working to adpot 2 kids from the foster care system. We regular do things to give our time to our community and I donate to causes I support. What I resent is people trying to make the rest of us that busted butt all these years to get ahead feel guilty about that success. I resent people that assume just because I am successful now that I was born into a well to do family. My mom worked her way through nursing school supporting 3 kids on her own. All of us ended up going to college for real useful degrees. I am all for helping people who are sick and injured. They didn't mean to get hurt or get diseases. I am all for helping poor people get skills to get real jobs and helping unemployed but there should be limits on the time they can spend on public assistance.

My mom had a saying that she would tell us when we'd get ourselves in a jam. "who owns the problem". A 20 somethings unemployment is NOT my fault or my problem. its theirs. I didn't force them to get $80,000 student loans or buy crp they can't afford.

This generation of college kids needs to grow up. Its time to cut the apron strings. The real world is calling.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

MysterMet, I agree with you, they need to go out into the real world. And here it is.

Their world looks way different that what it did for us.
    if you listen carefully , there are many voices, they are not all asking for free money, sure some are, but the mainstream media is focusing on them.

BUT, there are a lot that just want a chance! A chance to follow their dreams, live their lives to their full potential. But due to the lack of opportunity due to the economy. They are screwed. They know it, maybe not in their brains but in their gut.

It is their problem, we either need to help them or stay out of their way, because they are going to pay the price to fix it. Just remember that one day they will be looking after us. Now might be a good time to give them some guidance (not in a condescending tone) that will help them on their way. and maybe they will remember is in a good light.

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I agree the job maket isn't what it was and Im not saying all of these protester's but alot of them don't want to work to pay their due's they want the top position paying 80,000.00 a year. They don't want to start out doing grunt work like all of us did No one has given me anything when it came to my job I fought and did what I had to and moved through the ranks 17 years as a patrol Deputy and a patrol SGT. Now Chief Deputy we have all worked to get what we have and done without to make sure we got what we needed. You here young people now say I wouldn't do that job for any amount of money and they are standing in a foodstamp line with a college degree. 10.00 an hr flipping burgers my first job as a beat cop was 3.75 an hr 60 hrs a week straight pay no overtime. I have done a lot worse jobs that they are to good for, for a lot less to put food on the table and pay the bills for my family. There are jobs to be had but alot of people find it below them to flip burger's or shovel stable's. I want better for my daughter's too, I got one just graduated and she is flippin burgers at McDonalds to work her way through college. (That makes me a proud daddy) she want's it on her own and gets embarrassed when dad sneaks her money or drops off a care package with her favorite foods. Now if my little girl can do it why can't some of these. I know work didn't let them off to go protest.

STANGF150, Cephus and tulianr like this.
  4. Nutpantz

Nutpantz Monkey+

My dad bought his last house in 1991 $120000 he was making 35 dollars an hour pulling wrenches at that time. I bought my house in 1999 for $140000 was making $26 an hour then in warehousing they hire today at my warehouse at 10$ an hour.my house today is valued at $300000 and if I had to buy it today i would have to pass because I could never make the payments even at my wage after 14 years.i don't live in a high rent district.just my house value is.
    I feel sorry for any 20 something guy who wants a lawn to mow.

I feel sorry for the mechanical engineer who went to school for years to take a starting position with my employer but then we have others who went to school to better them self to find no work.

I don't feel sorry for the banks and chev, dodge who got bail outs and still foreclosed on houses and repossessed cars. then posted record profits the next year and payed back the bail out money.
    (really now from famine to feast is less than a year really?)

how many millions/billions are lost on tax breaks for big business while kids go to school with out lunches?

it sucks to support junkies and welfare mom hookers with my tax money.
    It sucks even more when I have to support boeing, logging companies and what ever other company is not competitive in the modern world economy.but is too important to let go belly up.

I just don't know who costs more.

bountyhunter likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It would seem that there are a variety of different Folks, that are all showing up to "Be Seen" at these "Events" Some are Preppie Cambridge Dudes, and Dudettes, bored with Harvard life and looking for something fun to do. Some are the Vocal Left, that show up for every "Protest" with their own agenda. Some actually are, the Once Working Lower Middle Class, now unemployed. Some are the Over-educated Liberal Arts Graduates in Basket Weaving, Music Appreciation, and other non-employable Degree Programs. What you do NOT see, down there, "Protesting" are the Engineering Graduates, Science Graduates, Medical Graduates, and Business Graduates, who spent their time, in pursuits, that actually lead to a JOB, in the Real World. Why are these folks not there? Simple... They are out, actually working 8-10 or more hours a day, doing what they trained for, all those years, and they are also paying back, something on all those Student Loans, that got them thru to their Degrees. I see most of these "Protestors" as Failures in Life, by their OWN hands, due to the choices they have made, themselves. They Drank the Kool-Aid, being served by the Liberal College Professors, and now are paying the price, for their "Lack of Vision" in their own lives. These then, are "The Sheeple Generation" and "As they sewed, now they are Reaping" their own destruction, along with the Country that allowed them to be "Led down the Garden Path".... My Opinion..... YMMV.....

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I do NOT know where this came from, where it originated, nor is there any reason why it should be believed in whole or in part. Might have been early this summer, dunno. It came to me from an old friend that got it God only knows from whom. However, s**t has a way of flowing downhill, and seldom do the those who think they are bottom dwellers manage to push upwards thru the flow -

"If anyone knows who wrote the following email, which has been pinging around Wall Street and across prop desks, tell ‘em get in touch with XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. We like the writing style.

“We are Wall Street. It’s our job to make money. Whether it’s a commodity, stock, bond, or some hypothetical piece of fake paper, it doesn’t matter. We would trade baseball cards if it were profitable. I didn’t hear America complaining when the market was roaring to 14,000 and everyone’s 401k doubled every 3 years. Just like gambling, its not a problem until you lose. I’ve never heard of anyone going to Gamblers Anonymous because they won too much in Vegas.

Well now the market crapped out, & even though it has come back somewhat, the government and the average Joes are still looking for a scapegoat. God knows there has to be one for everything. Well, here we are.

Go ahead and continue to take us down, but you’re only going to hurt yourselves. What’s going to happen when we can’t find jobs on the Street anymore? Guess what: We’re going to take yours. We get up at 5am & work till 10pm or later. We’re used to not getting up to pee when we have a position. We don’t take an hour or more for a lunch break. We don’t demand a union. We don’t retire at 50 with a pension. We eat what we kill, and when the only thing left to eat is on your dinner plates, we’ll eat that.

For years teachers and other unionized labor have had us fooled. We were too busy working to notice. Do you really think that we are incapable of teaching 3rd graders and doing landscaping? We’re going to take your cushy jobs with tenure and 4 months off a year and whine just like you that we are so-o-o-o underpaid for building the youth of America. Say goodbye to your overtime and double time and a half. I’ll be hitting grounders to the high school baseball team for $5k extra a summer, thank you very much.

So now that we’re going to be making $85k a year without upside, Joe Mainstreet is going to have his revenge, right? Wrong! Guess what: we’re going to stop buying the new 80k car, we aren’t going to leave the 35 percent tip at our business dinners anymore. No more free rides on our backs. We’re going to landscape our own back yards, wash our cars with a garden hose in our driveways. Our money was your money. You spent it. When our money dries up, so does yours.

The difference is, you lived off of it, we rejoiced in it. The Obama administration and the Democratic National Committee might get their way and knock us off the top of the pyramid, but it’s really going to hurt like hell for them when our fat a**es land directly on the middle class of America and knock them to the bottom.

We aren’t dinosaurs. We are smarter and more vicious than that, and we are going to survive. The question is, now that Obama & his administration are making Joe Mainstreet our food supply…will he? and will they?"

It is a bit uncoordinated here and there, but there are some elements of logic worth noting.

[aiw]

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I figured it out....OWS is really a FEMA camp.....

STANGF150, Sapper John and Alpha Dog like this.
  8. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

YOU may have had the easy jobs, the easy credit, cheap food & cheap gas but I sure didn't. An I am Generation X as well, hatched in '76. Or to be more exact, I Am De-Generation X!!
    WWE Degeneration-X [DX] Entrance Theme - YouTube

I started working summers when I was 16 cleaning textile mills for $5 an hour, 18 hour days to buy my school clothes. My mother working doubleshifts all thru my teens to buy our house. Food wasn't cheap cuz we had a garden in the yard for years after we got house when I was 12. No tiller, I dug the grass up & dug the garden by hand with a mattock. From working so hard I was burned out by age 25, haven't recovered since. A for the last decade I Have STAYED tired, but so much to do, no one going do it for me, so I do it anyways. The body is weak but the Will is STRONG! These lil punks protesting are going to Occupy sumthing else when they get bored. Their Mommy & Daddy's home & wallets. Theres more jobs out there than MSM & these yuppies wanna admit exist. Catch is its not High Pay Low Work like they wish or deem worthy of their distinguished talents!! Mommy, Daddy, School, & Government told them they was special for so many years they started to believe it. They just weren't told ALL of it. "Yer Special, like Everybody Else Is!!!"

Nice video at beginning of thread. Perfect blends of OWS protests, Obama & Hillary BS, & riots in other countries that yer average moron would BELIEVE it was ALL from the various OWS Protests here in the USA. I believe the proper word for it is "Propaganda". Liberal Propaganda of course. Stealing a page from the Tea Party's book.

[rnt]

Alpha Dog likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7