I Am Thankful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkLight, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

Several posts in the shoutbox today got me thinking and so I decided to start a new thread about it. What are you thankful for? It could be simple or complex, sappy or sweet.

I'll start -
    I am grateful for my family. A loving & supportive wife and three healthy, brilliant kids (sure, I'm probably biased...meh). I could go on but I'll need something to be thankful for tomorrow. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    jollyrodger13 likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

I am Thankful for this Day, and every Day, that I wakeup again, and have a chance to live. I Thank my Wife, every day, that she chooses to live with me. That is a blessing beyond compare....

jollyrodger13 and DarkLight like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

I am thankful my wife flew to LA today... just me and the dogs all week :D

All kidding aside..I am thankfull for my family (even the crazy ones), another week of sunshine and 80's temp's, good freinds and cold beverges on a hot day!!!
    I have been blessed, by God watching over me everyday, and steering me even in the toughest of times- and for that I am especially thankfull!!
    YD

jollyrodger13, DarkLight and BTPost like this.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am thankful for rock and roll, HD video, surround sound, good whiskey, easy women and chocolate. That's not in any particular order.

5. Yard Dart

You forgot fast car's!!!

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Nope. Been in too many accidents. Not thankful for that. I would say I was thankful for airbags, but too many of you married folk would think I was referring to your better halves. [touchdown]

Tracy likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

hahahahahahaha- kudo's to you Brokor... good play biglaff

Brokor likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

To plagiarizer a favorite author and friend, Mr. J.L. Burke: I have arrived at the age where I no longer speculate on the validity of a mad-man's vision, nor the foibles of human behavior. My greatest fear is in man's propensity to act collectively, in lock-step, under the Banner of God, Country, or public welfare and safety. There is no more odious complaint on any social or political endeavor than the universal approval of the dumb masses. I am most thankful, when left totally to my own devices.

jollyrodger13, Tracy, tulianr and 5 others like this.
  9. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

I am grateful that I have another day to keep prepping...for what, specifically, I'm not sure but I KNOW it's necessary and appreciate another day to "get 'er done".

mysterymet likes this.
  10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I am grateful, every day, for that day and everything/everyone in it.

I try to convey that to all who cross my path. :)

11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I'm thankful for the support of a patient loving woman who is my best friend, lover and wife, the admiration of my 15 year old son and the respect of my co-workers.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I try to live my life through the glasses of gratitude.

I'm thankful for my job.
    I'm thankful for my wife.
    I'm thankful for my adventures.
    I'm thankful for my friends.
    I'm thankful for my home.
    I'm thankful to have no debt.
    I'm thankful for this site.

My thanks all go to God for the peace, love and joy that are showered on me daily, even when it doesn't always seem that way viewed as a snapshot in time. In the wider view, I have everything and more than I could ever have hoped for.

Thanks for this thread

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I am so thankful for my children's heart warming laughter.

14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I am thankful, my Father still lives. He has been my role model, mentor, and a true loving parent my entire 50 years.
    I came very close to losing him in the last two weeks. He is expected to be released from the hospital some time today.
    My Mother has not left his side, but for food and sleep, unless some other family member was with him. They are both about 70, and were high school sweethearts, and still are.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Motomom34 likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

I am thankful that this has been a great work year with the wife and I having stable jobs in an unstable world. Wife was promoted with a nice bumb in pay earlier this year. Then the other day, my boss gave me a Thanksgiving raise as well, that went into effect this week. This is allowing us to get out of debt quicker so we can have a clean slate....good stuff.
    I am gratefull....though I would rather not have to work and just go fish all day!!!

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I ran into an old friend today. When a friend says, "my child has cancer", all melts away. All anger, irritation, daily BS- that no longer matters. I am thankful for my children's good health. I am thankful for the blessed life I have. I am thankful the child is responding to treatment.

Yard Dart, Sapper John, ghrit and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7