I Am Trying to Go Off-Grid (need advice please!)

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Permaculture Lover, Feb 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Welcome!
    I like that you know your priorities! We all tease you about your number one priority and its all in good fun =)

TBH most girls wont live without running water and some electricity long term so consider factoring that into your plans... adequate bathroom and adequate off grid power.

If you are growing fruit trees etc the suggestion to plant a couple a year is a great idea as fruit trees aren't cheap and they take a while to produce fruit. Berries grow very quickly so they are always a good option, for gardening I subscribe to the 'wild garden' method of gardening. plant and let it grow =)

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Depends on where you look. In Third World countries, living without modern conveniences is a daily life thing, for many, if not most in these countries. So, it may be more about WHERE you look for that woman to be in your life.

Of course, after the SHTF, I imagine even western women won't be quite as choosy, once their options are much more limited.

With that said, it's always impressive to see western women (I watch entirely too many videos on YouTube) who are truly living off-grid. I have a lot of respect for those who can. They have lived with modern conveniences, yet made the choice to do without them. That is much different than having never known what its like to have those conveniences in the first place.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

of course you can go to a 3rd world country and get a female that you can 'save' and have her be grateful for you benevolence. Quite frankly this type of thinking smacks of exploitation of women in the worst way, rather than partnership.

oldawg likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Clearly some Folks think running Water, and running Hot Water, define civilization.... However I can state, that it is not nessesarily so... Some women, really do live and live well without such things, and chose to live this way, not because it is not available, but it isn't at the Top, of their Priority Lists. One can find these Hardy Women, out here in Bush Alaska, as well as other Bush locations located on this Rock, we live on... And when the, SHTF, or the Revolution comes, or whatever Natural, or Human Made Disaster comes, those that demand Running Water, or Hor Running Water, are going to be sorely Disappointed, for a long time... So, for you Frilly Peaches, you had better enjoy it while you can, because it may not last long... And you had better be PREP'ed to make your own if that is what you need to survive...

5. Asia-Off-Grid

LOL. Please tell me you are not serious? :D Exploitation of women? Really? You are the switched on one, aren't you?

I am glad my g/f doesn't care to read posts I made on online forums. If she did, she would probably get my account banned from this forum, for replying to your quite ignorant and unfounded post. So, I will do so, a bit more mildly stated, on her behalf.

I will have you to know, I am lucky to even be with her. She is the best thing to ever happen to me, hands down. She is an intelligent, lovely woman whom I find to be exciting, fun and humorous. She keeps me on my toes. While only having something like a fourth grade education, she taught herself English (American version), worked to support her family when they had no other income, and has successfully traveled around this world. She's 34. What have you accomplished in your life? (That was a rhetorical question.)

She has made some serious accomplishments in her life. She continues to set, and meet goals for herself, every year. She has also accomplished everything, without having to compromise any of her morals or family values. I had little to no influence over any of this, as I met her only after she had returned to Cambodia, from abroad.

So, rather than making such ignorant comments about those of us who choose to live abroad and possibly find love while doing so, perhaps you should get on a plane and fly outside your homeland for a change, to learn something about other cultures. In short, prior to accelerating your mouth, engage your brain.

6. Reading through this it seems you are on a fast track to finding a female. I will give you the same advice I gave my sons. Get your life together first and foremost. Your career must be established. Make sure you are happy with your life and self reliant before thinking about a girlfriend. A female can do one of two things.. Make your life a living hell OR be the best thing that could ever happen to you. Choose wisely and never fall in the game of giving. For the rest you are wanting. You're young "slow down" and take on one project at a time. Everything will come together for you as you progress. Living off the grid does not mean you must live without. Adequate housing is a must to be happy. You need but a few things in life to sustain. Yet again living off the grid is not always about just sustaining. It's about the freedom of living in a place you have created. A home that your are proud of, land that you have put your back into, sweated and worked long hours to produce food for your table. It's about sitting on your porch being able to look at what you have created with your own two hands. You will have tremendous pride with in yourself. A true lady looks for those qualities in a man.

Also since you are living in KY you might want to look into the cabins they sell in Corbin.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
    BTPost and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I am sure you meant "ignorant" in the context of having no knowledge of. Because if not you would be in violation of our Code of Conduct rules against verbal insults to other members. Right?

8. Asia-Off-Grid

Without question. I pride myself in following the rules of online forums.

Minuteman likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. martha_mill
  4. DKR
  5. SurvivalJester
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. troybillett
  11. Jaywest
  12. Adam_L
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. DKR