I am weak...

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Andy the Aussie, Feb 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

....and it was a new knife week... :D

Been outside playing in the rain with the camera and new arrival...

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG]

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Nice.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sweet!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Weak like a Fox...

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nice,With blood drain channels me likie!

Zimmy likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You seem to have a knife addiction. Very nice.

7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Andy the Aussie Tell us a bit about it. What kind of steel? Why the hole in the steel at the top of the hilt? I know what the ones are used at the bottom of the hilt but no idea what the one at the top is used for?

Over Christmas, I managed to talk myself out of another knife that I really wanted badly, Emerson Government Mule, because I have so many knives but...what did Robert Heinlein say, "Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again." LOL!

8. Andy the Aussie

It's a Busse Nano Forsaken Steel Heat (NFSH) (Nano is the handle design, Forsaken is the series - versions models designed but never released, Steel Heart is the original model this is a version of.

It is in Busse's propriety steel "INFI"...

About Our Steel - INFI

The "talon hole" (front hole) is Busse's trademark so to speak. Almost all Jerry's designs have this, on some it is just that on the larger knives most used it for mounting a cordage D Guard or chopping lanyard.

Motomom34, Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Andy the Aussie Whoa! That set you back a bit. They don't even show it (the 'Forsaken') on the list of available knives so you had this custom made for you. What's the blade length? Width? Thickness? Certainly has huge blood channels... It's a beauty, a work of art!

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Andy the Aussie

With the exchange rate and my 1/2 of the shipping (shared between two of us on two of these), close to $780Aussie ($550US on the current crappy, for me, exchange rate). So Busse have very few models for sale, what they do instead (they also have a Custom Shop that is currently closed for any new order - they have been for around three years now) is offer a new design with all the specs and open it for ordering for a limited period (this is generally determined about how much steel they have had raw cut to blanks for the design) you place your order selecting grips, blade finish etc and are then charged $1US holding fee. Full payment is due in the weeks before delivery. They may take 3-5 months (or longer depending) for a release to be made. This one only had a grip change from the base model so to speak. The groves, are more about reducing forward weight while retaining structural integrity (like an "I Beam") than they are at all about blood, this is the case with most blades that have a partial or full Fuller machined into the blade. In On these it is also cited as reducing drag when chopping/batoning wood. They are also a certainly about aesthetics, I can't say I find it at all unattractive :D

Specs from the maker...
    Over All Length: Approx. 13 3/4"
    Blade Length: Approx. 8"
    Thickness: Approx. .210"
    Steel: INFI
    Finish: Competition Finish or coated
    Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
    Hardness: 58-60 Rc

STGThndr, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Matei
  4. Matei
  5. norseman
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: norseman, Mar 8, 2021, 3 replies, in forum: Blades
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Andy the Aussie