I blame Jerry Ahern

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nickjlancaster, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Nickjlancaster

Nickjlancaster nickjlancaster.com

Hello there!

My name is Nick and I've been snooping around this site for a while.

I've been interesting in Prepping, or survivalism as I used to call, it for about twenty five years.

It all started harmlessly enough with the purchase of book one in The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern.

That was way back in England in 1985. Last year I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Jerry Ahern and tell him just how much of an influence he had on my life. What an amazingly down to earth and genuinely nice man he was.

I've lived in the US since 2002 and I am an active Second Amendment supporter.

It's come as a very pleasant surprise to discover the prepper movement so alive. I'm looking forward to becoming active on this site.

Cheers,

Nick

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Tree, Nick, pick out a branch and have a look around, lots of good folks, and a Big Knowledge Base here in our members and archives....

3. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy Monkey

Ha ha .. I remember the series and the main character with his " twin Dectonics chrome plated .45s". Welcome

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

welcome aboard [winkthumb]

5. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the tree!

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

!!![welcomeLG]!!! Stick around, get comfortable!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7