I Did It!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by STANGF150, Apr 30, 2012.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I went & Voted in the Primaries here in my county in NC today. I did sumthing though I didn't wanna do. I voted for Ron Paul!!! =(

Theres just no way I could have brought myself to vote for Obama-Lite, or is that Obama-white? Aka: Mitt Romney.

Also voted Against the so-called Marriage Resolution amendment to the State Constitution. Sorry to all the religious types but I believe once you open the door to restricting one group from having the same rights as every one else, you set Precedent for the future & having your own rights stripped from you.

But yeah, I voted Ron Paul :(

tulianr, Catullus and chelloveck like this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The political pundits would have you believe that a vote for Rp is a "wasted" vote. Not so at all. The reason it is important to cast your vote for him is not so he can win the nomination, TPTB will never let that happen, but so that he can garner more delegates at the convention. The more he gets the more of a voice he will have in crafting the party platform. The rules of the GOP convention, and I am only repeating what I have heard, are that the number of delegates one has determines who gets to address the convention and how long they get to do so. Also they get a seat at the table when it comes to creating the party platform.
    RP may not be the nominee but with enough votes it is very likely that some of his, and our, views and beliefs will be adopted as official party policy. ie; the stance on the Fed, possibly even revokation of the Patriot act, etc.

So good for you for voting for him. Even if it is a "protest" vote against Romney. Who I believe is just another McCain flop. When he gets the nomination it will signal the victory dance to begin for Obama. The GOP will have just handed another term to him. Which was probably the outcome dictated long ago. IMHTFHWO

And BTW, I always vote against "Marriage Amendments". Marriage is the domain of the Church not the State. The government has no business in the marriage business at all. Just another encroachment on our freedoms.

Catullus likes this.
  3. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I voted for RP in the primary..wife said she did,too.Duncan Hunter would have been my choice,but he didn't run..

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

our county primary is the 8th... we shall see....

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Well I did my democratic duty... i voted early and i voted Often... heck ebven my dead relatrives probably voted....:D

6. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Good for you Stang.

If I lived in NC I believe I would be stirred to vote on this.

Government has no seat in the pews as far as I am concerned...

tulianr likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We also need to remember that religion has no seat in the legislature. :rolleyes:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7