I feel a reluctance.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M118LR, May 25, 2017.

1. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Beware the new idea, with the hidden agenda.

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Most of the stuff that made us good people will now get us thrown in jail. IE: spankings, bonding, motivation, etc. What if my ideas are right AND against the law? What if being a good person will get me thrown in the pokey?

Perhaps we should use their own tactics against them and work in 100 year increments. The first 100 years would be spent trying to figure out the problems and possible solutions. The second 100 years would be figuring out ways to make those solutions permanent and enacting them. The third 100 years would be great because our great great grand children would have a hell of a time.

Motomom34 and M118LR like this.
  3. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Well, it shall definitely give you a platform to pontificate on.
    As you have already responded, you are curious. As in chess, it's your move!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Motomom34 likes this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I find , almost every time I trust someone else and their vision of my future? I pay a terrible price. Either fiscally or mentally. It seems today common sense is out the window. People say invest, buy stocks, put your money in this. Then a year later they lose it all. I dont trust anyone any more when it comes to my future. Oh I listen, digest it, maybe even research it. Then decide #1 is it practical? #2 Do I need it? #3 what will it cost me? and on and on. I am a research fanatic and no longer take anything with grain of salt. I need the entire can of salt. I would rather my life be in my hands than anyone else,s. I set out on a course to be self reliant. Im not there yet.

I was taught to learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others. The past teaches us what not to do and shows us what works in many walks of our lives.

Byte, oldawg, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You can not learn from the past if its making and telling resides in the hands of those who deceive the world.

You may quote me on that if you like.

Byte and Kingfish like this.
  6. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Aye, but we still learn from them. W e learn to hate them.

7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Duly Quoted.

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7